My tower computer case fell on its side

PC Lover157

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Hello,

I have an AMD Athlon Processor and an ASUS motherboard. The HDD is a 250 GB SATA.

Unfortunately, while cleaning the case, it fell on its side. The power was disconnected, but I am worried the fall might have caused damage somewhere.

The smart utility in Ubuntu indicates that the disk is "healthy", but I'm still concerned.

Does anybody have thoughts on this? Has anyone had their PC fall on its side?

Solution
Is the PC working.. i mean all parts! If that is the case then i don't think you have any internal problems. Just look for cracks and damages on the case.

If there are any internal damages and they are not showing now, only time will reveal them! So be patient! :)
Is the PC working.. i mean all parts! If that is the case then i don't think you have any internal problems. Just look for cracks and damages on the case.

If there are any internal damages and they are not showing now, only time will reveal them! So be patient! :)

Solution

PC Lover157

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
Thanks for your reply!

I am running the PC and it's been working for more than an hour.

I carefully examined the motherboard surface and didn't notice any cracks.

Hopefully, nothing's gone wrong.

I'll update this thread later with whatever experience I have over a period of time.

Cheers!

PC Lover157

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
It's been over fifteen days now, and my computer is working smoothly.

I don't do any CPU intensive work like games that would reveal hidden problems, but I guess my PC's fine.