Solved

EZCool PSU - Any information/opinions?

Hi all,

I recently had a chat with a friend who has an EZCool 550W PSU. I've never heard of the brand before, so I'm curious if anyone here has any experience with them. Are they decent quality or avoid-at-all-cost cheapo's?

Thanks.
12 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about ezcool information opinions
  1. I can't find any reason for buying an EZcool PSU (even at low price). There are millons of better choices.
  2. Henry Chinaski said:
    I can't find any reason for buying an EZcool PSU (even at low price). There are millons of better choices.

Question is, are there any facts to back this up?
  3. Best answer
    Saw it on sale well under £20, incl VAT.
    If the data label is the same as shown here its got a -5v rail. And 24Amps of +12v - about as much power for a modern PC as a good 330w-350W PSU.
    For comparison, SeaSonic SS-350ET has 27Amps of +12V, Antec Basiq 350W 23Amps of +12V.
  4. Herr_Koos said:
    Question is, are there any facts to back this up?

Answer is, since nobody knows what is inside that PSU (there is no reviews about it), therefore I wouldn't buy an unknown product even at low price. Maybe your friend could give us some facts in a short time if he finally buys it.
  5. Already bought it; I will try to get some more definite info on the specifications. Thanks for the replies so far.
  6. Specifications mean nothing at all. Some cheap manufacturers simply lie. You should look what is inside and test the unit.
  7. A 550 watt psu with only 24 amps on the 12v should be enough for anyone to turn away without bothering to test it.
  8. delluser1 said:
    A 550 watt psu with only 24 amps on the 12v should be enough for anyone to turn away without bothering to test it.

tell that to my allied 500w (with 20a on the 12v and 50a on the 5v) :lol:
  9. heres the cheapest psu at newegg. a diablotek at a whooping 250w with an extremely enormous 10a on the 12v rail :)
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817822006
    all for $10.99
  10. No further feedback I'm afraid, I wasn't able to have a look at the EZCool to see if it's any good.
  11. Best answer selected by Herr_Koos.
  12. I have recently installed a Ezcool psu 650W and firstly when it was working correctly it wasn't quiet at all despite being stated as being quiet and after a week heard some high pitched noises coming from the fan every now and again which was very annoying but I had a headset to help with that, another week later the Led started to randomly flicker on and off and about 2 weeks after that the fan started to spin very slowly after making some strange noises and i'm now too afraid to use it until I install a new reliable psu.
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components Product