SD media - different types?

Last response: in Digital Camera
December 11, 2004 8:20:42 PM

I just got an HP PhotoSmart 812, which takes SD media. I bought some
Kingston 128MB SD cards, but the camera says "Unsupported Card" when I put
them in. Are there different types of SD?

The camera is from early 2002. Is it possible that it needs some kind of
firmware upgrade?

More about : media types

Anonymous
December 11, 2004 11:00:46 PM

"LAB4" <lab4@prodigy.net> wrote in message
> I just got an HP PhotoSmart 812, which takes SD media.
> I bought some Kingston 128MB SD cards, but the camera
> says "Unsupported Card" when I put them in.

How did you format the cards; in the camera or with a card reader?

Bart
Anonymous
December 11, 2004 11:12:20 PM

>"Bart van der Wolf" <bvdwolf@no.spam> wrote in message

> How did you format the cards; in the camera or with a card reader?

I have not formatted them. (Maybe that's the problem...) But the camera
isn't letting me format.
December 11, 2004 11:12:21 PM

Format them with the computer using FAT and not FAT32 or NTFS. Then try to
format them in the camera again. That 'might' correct the problem.

Don Dunlap

> >"Bart van der Wolf" <bvdwolf@no.spam> wrote in message
>
>> How did you format the cards; in the camera or with a card reader?
>
> I have not formatted them. (Maybe that's the problem...) But the camera
> isn't letting me format.

Anonymous
December 12, 2004 12:35:34 AM

SD cards do have a lock slider on the side, some at least. Make sure it
is not locked.

Phil

!