Sign in with
Your question

Motherboards gtx 280

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 20, 2010 11:43:42 PM

Hello, i have an Asus P5NSLI CORE2DUO motherboard, does a 280 gtx videocard works in it?

More about : motherboards gtx 280

a b Î Nvidia
a b V Motherboard
April 21, 2010 12:04:26 AM

it will work assuming your PSU is up to the task of powering it
m
l
April 21, 2010 2:42:18 AM

are you sure? The card says that it needs some motherboard that has a hybrid supply thing, i dont know, just want to know if it is mandatory to have that hybrid thing
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b V Motherboard
April 21, 2010 2:57:30 AM

i think you have a hybrid card, it would need a hybrid motherboard so that during office work or web browsing the PC would use the mobo and during more intensive application the GTX 280 would come into play. It never really caught on, you won't miss anything.

http://www.nvidia.se/page/hybrid_sli.html
m
l
April 21, 2010 3:08:39 AM

so there is no need of buying a new motherboard? Are you sure? It will really be a big relief for me, since i am ordering one from USA, and i am from Bolivia, so it is a lot of effort, and also, my budget is somewhat limited
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b V Motherboard
April 21, 2010 3:13:44 AM

i assume you mean you are ordering the video and not the motherboard? It will work, once again assuming your PSU can power it.
m
l
April 21, 2010 4:13:06 AM

thank you! i have the power supply, just that i am worried because i dont know too much about the motherboards and video cards synergy, i only know a little of video cards :) 

I asume you know a lot about this things, isnt it? Sorry for being a pain in the ass, really, but i need to know this . Are you sure? Because you are the only person that answered my question, i am deciding it based in what you are tellin me, no one else answered me yet, also in other places. Thank you, really, but are you sure?

I am worried because my motherboard is from 2007 and is a little old, and is ddr2 , and the card is ddr 3.

Dont get me wrong, i will be very happy if i know that i dont need to change my motherboard.
m
l
April 21, 2010 2:18:40 PM

so well? Anyone
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b V Motherboard
April 21, 2010 9:04:34 PM

looks like everyone here agrees, you can try Tom's motherboard forum if you want more opinions.
m
l
April 30, 2010 10:52:44 PM

no problem at all go ahead u are just fine i have a gtx 280 on a very old mobo
chose me as best answer the mobo is a Asus IPIB-LA
m
l
!