Sign in with
Your question

Sony vaio laptop drivers for windows xp download

Last response: in Windows XP
February 11, 2013 6:39:43 PM

Hello,
i removed Win 7 AND REINSTALLED WIN XP BUT THE DRIVERS FOR HALF THE PC WILL NOT UPDATE
February 13, 2013 3:24:38 AM

kenrivers said:
More information is needed, such as the model of the Sony Vaio and which drivers are not updating.
 rivers_software:esup" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">http://esupport.sony.com/perl/select-system.pl?DIRECTOR...

Hi , many thanks for your reply, it's 5.15am Nd I am due a swim at 7am,
The Sony Vaio model is a VGN-AR21S and the drivers not loading on reinstall are Modem device,Multimedia controller,Network controller,USB device and Video controller. I formatted and removed partitions and all was clean for a reinstall of the XP. None of the above drivers loaded on install, I used several versions of XP discs but it did not like it.
I now have a verified version of XP Pro installed but the drivers will not load/update?
I was happy with the Win7 pro that I loaded for my son and the pc worked great, BUT , he wants win xp back.
Thanks again for your time
Jim
February 13, 2013 8:16:33 PM

Hi Ken , I have since this morning had another look at my problem. The drivers not loading no matter the OS.
I used a win 7 disc to check comparability and after a few details were verified it would appear the I have a Virtualiation Tech., setting that is not enabled in my Bios.
Great, problem is that having gone into the Bios i can not see the tab to get me there to enable those settings. But we are getting round the wonderful world of Sony and M/S. what's your thoughts on the Bios idea? Jim
!