E5400 works with EVGA 680i?

mildiner86

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2008
I want to get an E5400 for a EVGA 680i but the new e5400 pentium dual core are 45nm does anyone know if it will work, i have checked web sites but no luck.

carry on reading to know why im choosing this.

I have an evga 680i with a q6600 and for a long time now the system has been stuttering and hanging has had trouble booting requiring me to unplug sata connections and replug them in to make it work. I have changed the RAM, PSU, GPU operating system but with no luck. Also this happens at stock or overclocked and seems to happen more when using more hard drives or recording TV

I have also ordered 2 motherboards, one would boot up just.... but failed to load windows, and the second would get power start fans but would give no signal to monitor. So im starting to think the issue is the CPU, I have decided to get the E5400 because its cheap and v Overclockable and if it does turn out to be something else i can sell this processor on at a low loss, im not going to keep it for ages as i want to upgrade to an i7 rig but atm i don't have the money but need a stable system.

Any ideas welcome

xaira

Distinguished
thank you for your informative request, now i know that i will never buy an EVGA board due to their horrible mainboard support, this appears to be your cpu support list

http://www.evga.com/support/motherboard/

apparently its supported but you need a bios update