Abit ab9 pro - Out of ideas...

fungus

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
Hi, It's been fine for years then many problems. After a cmos error I changed the battery. Now it wont get past boot. F1 and Del dont seem to work. I cant get into the bios. I'm out of ideas, other than taking a hammer to it... Any advice would be great (and yes I know the hammer probably wont help, he he)

fungus

Distinguished
Feb 11, 2011
Thanks for your reply Jaquith

Hmm, it seems to be powering the board,the led light up, the fans spin and the hard drives purr.
It diplays (on the motherboard);
C1 - Auto-detection of DRAM size, type and ECC
-Auto-detection of L2 cache (socket 7 or below)

C3 - Expand compressed BIOS code to DRAM

25 - Early PCI Initialization:
-Enumerate PCI bus number.
-Assign memory & I/O resource
-Search for a valid VGA device & VGA BIOS, and put it into C000:0

I'm not ashamed to say this means nothing to me. I have disconnected everything and tried to fault find, everything seems ok.

Hmm...most PSUs have multiple rails so you can get partial power. It's one of the reasons I prefer single rail PSUs. A failing PSU can do all sorts of 'oddball' things, run for a while then freeze, multiple device failures, you name it BIOS errors.

The other is a faulty MOBO.

The other day a faulty PSU blew a MOBO, I've had and seen on too numerous to count occasions a bad PSU blow GPU(s), CPU, you name it. IN ALL cases fans, beeps, etc all going on.

Therefore, again, 'try' a different/new PSU. Also, try booting with 1 stick of RAM -- failure try the other stick.