Really quick question (SVP200S3/120G)

LordWolf

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011
Only found a few reviews for this and I'd prefer a larger number of reviews for reliability and, well, I'm sure you get the idea.

Anyways, anyone know of a site that has a large number of customer reviews for this or if there's an 'official' review by this site on it? I have the chance to get a good deal on this drive ($80) and Kingston is a brand I've used before for memory, but how are they with SSD's? What about this specific one, is it using newer technology or should I look for another brand or model?

LordWolf

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011

Amazon and NewEgg only have a couple reviews at most, which is why I asked here. Looking at the link you provided, thanks.

LordWolf

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011

Thinking on a limited budget, would you buy the SVP200S3/120G for $80 or would you spend $130-$140 for the Hyper-X 120G?

Keep in mind it's for home/personal use, not professional/industry/business use.

Simply put, is it a reliable brand/model or would you advise against it because of issues with it?

The Hyper-X does show impressive numbers in comparison, but is that the only reason for recommending it, or is there something wrong with the SVP200S3 series?

If the SVP200S3/120G is a good SSD to buy, then I might try to grab one. However, if there's a better SSD for $80-$100 for the same or more storage, then I'd like to know so I can look at those.

LordWolf

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2011

Thanks. If it were for a HDD, I tend to stick with WD and I'm a bit more familiar with brands and such. With SSD's, it's a new world to me, thus my asking for opinions.