AMD MOTHERBOARD

Niraj_07

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2011
hi,
i want to buy a motherboard for amd ii x6 1090t,,, but my budget is limited,, only 150 $,, is there any available ???

thanx in advance

There is no "best". Really. I've used all brands; my latest is an old gigabyte am3; it's so old that it still has 2 ps2 ports and lpt printer port. But it unlocks the core and supports up to 1666 ram speed. Set my ram multiplier at 8 and it runs at 1600. Download the board bios and check the adjustments of any board you're interested in. Look for ram multipliers or ratios (numerical values) as well as voltage adjustments. The asrock 890GM pro 3 is one example for $97.98 shipped at newegg. Has all the latest features, onboard video (good in case your card fails) and decent warranty. Asrock is a company spin off of asus. I've tried several of their boards, and had no problems with them. I chose gigabyte as I wanted a cheap board from frys, and their selection is low right now.

Yes. one pci-e slot per card; that card will take up the space next to it (maybe lose one pci slot due to it's width). Measure your case first and be sure you have enough space for the length, so it doesn't make contact with stuff in the back, such as hardrives or other accessories. Also be sure your power supply has the right connection and juice; some newer cards take an 8 pin connector; others still use 6 pin from the ps. I would recommend at least 750w from a reputable brand, such as antec, corsair, seasonic, enermax, or ocz (which I use). A single large 12v rail of 50 amps or more is preferred.