Fusion Remote Enclosure- front panel access

fakbak

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010
Front Panel Wiring

The front panel of the Antec Fusion Remote enclosure has components I would like to check and verify the wiring, how does one open the front panel ? The user's manual says nothing on this subject.

Any help would be appreciated.

fakbak

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010

Yes, I have that drawing.

Here's how I removed the front panel from the enclosure case.

1. Remove the front two feet.
2. Inside the case, remove the 3 screws found on top of the panel. (The center screw has a ground lug on it.)
3. Look for the three tabs holding the bottom of the panel. I lifted the one on the left first which enabled the panel to separate from the frame slightly. After that, I went to the center tab and repeated the process and then the last tab popped off and the panel was free excepting for the cables.

Thanks for your help

fakbak

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2010

Every cable coming from the front panel I've identified except one. It is a cable with three wires colored RED-BLACK-VIOLET. It has a 3 pin connector on it. I've traced it's origin back to the display board. I suspect that it is a power supply connection. There is no mention of it in the manual or shown on the schematic drawing which was inserted separately in the manual. Not knowing what it is, I will simply ignore it, but I am curious about it.

siggik

Honorable
Aug 1, 2012

It feeds the display with power, but i am also curious what the violet wire does. Where in the powersupply does this wire connect. ?? red and black are most likely positive and negative 5 volts, but the violet i dont know. May datareading from the powersupply ??

Zomby Woof

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2008
Know this is old except for the last but...

I have the older fusion that included the power supply. With it the violet/black/red were tied into the motherboard power plug (same colored wires). I know because i just upgraded the power supply to a standard one and had to cut these wires and splice them in to its motherboard plug (just to be safe and retain all functionality). Looking this up for atx pinout it says purple is standby power supply. I feel smart right now, but i was just in the right place at the right time :)