Sign in with
Your question
Solved

LGA 1155 socket - Fixed MoBo release date?

Tags:
  • Motherboards
  • Socket
Last response: in Motherboards
February 11, 2011 5:19:42 PM

Read that Intel has released the updated chipsets to the manufacturers. Checked on Asus/Gigabyte sites for the updates on the possible 1155 MoBo release dates. But no lock.

Have bough the CPU i7-2600k already and waiting for the new mobo ! :fou: 

Any news on this topic will be highly appreciated.

More about : lga 1155 socket fixed mobo release date

a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2011 5:38:57 PM

People say around late march or april, but only intel will tell when it's fixed.
m
l

Best solution

a c 282 V Motherboard
February 11, 2011 5:44:46 PM

Intel is doing it's part, shipping the parts next week. It will take longer for the motherboard manufacturers to get new boards out.
You know that everybody is busting their buns to get this resolved ASAP.
http://www.fudzilla.com/motherboard/item/21828-intel-to...
Related resources
a b V Motherboard
February 11, 2011 6:00:52 PM

Probably April. I would think they would fulfill RMA's to people who already bought, before they start selling them retail, but who knows, Intel always seems to screw somebody somehow.
m
l
February 14, 2011 5:58:01 PM

Best answer selected by vmguy.
m
l
February 22, 2011 2:58:30 PM

Going by this post, it may be available from Mar - 18

http://www.canadacomputers.com/notice.html

*UPDATE* For recent SandyBridge Chipset P67/H67 purchasers!

For customers that recently purchased a SandyBridge Chipset P67/H67 from Canada Computers, you are given two options with the recall.
(1) Feb 18-Mar 18: Return the motherboard for a full refund at any Canada Computers location; OR
(2) Mar 18-Apr 15: Replace the motherboard with a newly updated board at any Canada Computers location.

Remember to bring your receipt.

For online purchases,
(1) Replacement: Contact the manufacturers directly to replace the motherboard,
(2) Refunds: For refund, please ship the motherboard with a copy of an invoice to our Markham Outlet Center (265 Hood Road, Unit #1 Markham, Ontario L3R 4N3, Canada)
m
l
March 3, 2011 1:23:34 AM

vmguy said:
Read that Intel has released the updated chipsets to the manufacturers. Checked on Asus/Gigabyte sites for the updates on the possible 1155 MoBo release dates. But no lock.

Have bough the CPU i7-2600k already and waiting for the new mobo ! :fou: 

Any news on this topic will be highly appreciated.

Just returned from Microcenter and they had the Asus P8/P67 Pro board on the shelves. The tech said they recieved the shipment today (march 2nd) and the other manufacturers would be in within a few days at the most. In addition to the normal labeling it had "revised edition" printed on the box.
m
l
March 3, 2011 1:34:34 AM

I will go in the morning and see what they have.
m
l
March 3, 2011 1:55:45 AM

FYI 2 more MSI boards just popped up.
m
l
!