Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Pricing year old budget system.

Last response: in Systems
May 23, 2010 9:49:23 AM

Hello~

I am looking to purchase a computer built around May 2009 and I'd like a rough price range for its used value, or how much might be a fair exchange. The prices in parenthesis are just what I searched for just now but I'm not so sure about most of them. Also, there is no extra information I know at this time. Thankyou.

CPU: ($64) Pentium E5200
Motherboard: ($46) Asus P5KPL-AM SE
Ram: ($104) 2x2Gb Corsair Twin2X4096-6400C5C XMS2 DDR2 800mhz(PC2 6400) 800 mhz dual channel
Graphics: ($120?) MSI NX8600GT 256MB DDR3 (no other info currently)
HD: ($45) 250GB

with

($145??) Windows Vista Ultimate-64 OEM
($35+) Logitech Wireless Keyboard & Mouse
($60+) Emprex LM-1701B 17" LCD Monitor, 12ms response (2nd edit)
($20) LG DVD-R/W
($25) 2.1 Speakers & Subwoofer
($30) Logitech Webcam & Microphone (1st and 2nd edit -_-)

All parts were new and if I buy this I would be getting all original component boxes. What range of value might I be considering here, or should I find out more information? My own prices indicate $379 for the main components and $315 for the rest. I know they will already sell for less than $694 so I want to have a better idea.

Some superfluous information. I'm upgrading from an Athlon XP 2500 using a 7600GT AGP graphics card. My system is from around 2002 and the card from around... 2007ish? So, P.S., can I expect anyone to give me money for this eventually? Even $50? How would I find that person? =P Yes it's old x_x Also, the motherboard's original capacitors burst and leaked, and I replaced them and the system came back to life somehow. =P That was the most technical electronics operation I ever performed. I was so pleased with myself, and the capacitors all cost less than $15 back in 2007. Well, don't say I didn't try to warn you ~_~ Thanks again!!

Best solution

May 23, 2010 12:51:56 PM

Kinda tough with ddr2 prices what they are atm. To build something like that your looking at 250 bucks in just the OS-ram alone. If its a legit OS and you get the COA etc. I would pass on the monitor unless it was a great deal and just save up for a newer lower MS responce. Comparable mobo ram can be had for as low as 50 bucks for both in the right area of the country(near a Frys Electronics). No case listed in their either so I'd say 400-450.
May 23, 2010 8:40:05 PM

Thank you!

Yes it is a legit OS and I'd be getting the original OS version w/ COA.

I found out the graphics card model is MSI NX8600GT T2D256E OC Edition, so it is the one with a fan (whew!)

So that means Vista Ultimate-64 has a value around $145 like I thought?

I don't know anything about the case but I'm sure the airflow and PSU will not be an issue.

My mom can use the monitor and wireless kbm. She talked about wanting a flat screen LCD. My monitors right now are decent.

So do you think that is 400-450 for everything I listed? Or just the system without the webcam, kbm, monitor and speakers?

(Was this the right forum for this post? This system was a homebuilt so I thought it should go here)
m
l
Related resources
May 24, 2010 3:17:58 AM

Best answer selected by ioset.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 24, 2010 7:57:13 AM

Yeah it's the right forum. Why'd you do best answer already? Now he might not respond.

I don't really have experience with buying whole systems like that. I usually am the one selling and at that it's only certain sets of whatever I just upgraded not the whole thing. And not intel. But that seems reasonable. Though so would $500 to me but that's about it.

As far as selling your stuff, do you have another agp card or does the mobo have integrated graphics?

I ask because if you have another way for that comp to get video I'd sell the card on ebay. For the rest of the computer, just because shipping sucks, I'd list it on craigslist, you should be able to get $50-70 for it. Just list it wherever you like in that range depending on how fast you want it to go.

That's the main problem with most people who post stuff there. They list pentium 4 computers for like $200-300 and say that it's a good deal in the listing. Or a "Super fast gaming computer" for $400-600 and then you look at it and see that it has a 3500+ single core CPU and a X1950 graphics card...
m
l
May 24, 2010 8:43:11 AM

He was the only reply and it did not seem like my post was going to become any more popular. I considered it the best~ I liked seeing "Solved" in front of titles too.

The fan on my other AGP card (Radeon 9600) was completely stuck and I ended up breaking it when I tried to open it up. I think I kept going and ended up even frying it a little after that, so, no other AGP or on board graphics x_x

Thank you for your reply.
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 24, 2010 6:12:42 PM

Ah. You should still get the $50-70 on craigslist.
m
l
!