Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

Looking for the Best Disc Imaging Software

Last response: in Storage
Share
a b G Storage
July 10, 2012 1:14:38 AM

Hi All

So I'm kind of a noob at this, but what's the best disc imaging software for migrating an intact OS etc. I would prefer free software, but if I have to pay a few bucks for reliability (and lack of adware etc) I understand. I've tried googling but every list seem to say different things, and since I've been here at Toms for a while and have come to trust the community here, I figured I might as well ask.

Thanks in advance!

More about : disc imaging software

July 10, 2012 1:34:36 AM

vmem said:
Hi All

So I'm kind of a noob at this, but what's the best disc imaging software for migrating an intact OS etc. I would prefer free software, but if I have to pay a few bucks for reliability (and lack of adware etc) I understand. I've tried googling but every list seem to say different things, and since I've been here at Toms for a while and have come to trust the community here, I figured I might as well ask.

Thanks in advance!


I've used R Drive, although it isn't free, it has many great features. You can virtually mount a drive ISO among many other features.

http://www.drive-image.com/?GGLAW900

They have a free 15 day trail you can try as well.
m
0
l
a b G Storage
July 10, 2012 2:50:27 AM

Any other tips? unless I'm looking at the wrong place on R drive, it's $400...
m
0
l
Related resources

Best solution

July 10, 2012 3:03:15 AM

vmem said:
Any other tips? unless I'm looking at the wrong place on R drive, it's $400...


http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-drive-imaging...

Has some free Drive imaging software suggestions, most of the fully featured stuff costs money, but depending on what you want to do, one of these might work.

Yeah $400 is pretty expensive and most stuff gets even more expensive sadly (some licenses I've seen for software like this costs $800-1500 depending on the use).

If you aren't using the software more than once I would suggest just using the trial to make your image, and restore as soon as possible unless you need it for long term storage then you need to probably try one of the free ones from the link.
Share
a b G Storage
July 10, 2012 3:05:53 AM

nice list, thanks!

yeah, it's not the most common software for personal use so I understand the price... still don't want to cough up $400 lol, was hoping for $40 for something simple. anyways, I think I'll try a few things on that list and see what I like (and maybe compare with R Drive on the free trial).
m
0
l
a b G Storage
July 10, 2012 3:05:55 AM

Best answer selected by vmem.
m
0
l
July 10, 2012 3:15:33 AM

vmem said:
nice list, thanks!

yeah, it's not the most common software for personal use so I understand the price... still don't want to cough up $400 lol, was hoping for $40 for something simple. anyways, I think I'll try a few things on that list and see what I like (and maybe compare with R Drive on the free trial).


I happen to like clonezilla and paragon from the list. Paragon I've used many times before having R-Drive personally.

Glad I could help! :) 
m
0
l
!