Mouse and Keboard works During Bios but after system start up they don't respond

bodrizzle

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
Hello, so I have installed a new motherboard into my computer Asus M4N98TD EVO. Mouse and keyboard works just fine during Bios but after system boot up they just stop working. I've tried every single USB plugs(the ones on the back of the motherboard and the front), but none of them seem to operate.

Can you guys please help me find a solution if not then I just have to RMA the board. Thanks!

If they are wireless and you moved them chances are the Windows registry corrupted the entries. The 'fix' is a PITA - Keep the Keyboard/mouse attached, using another Keyboard 2nd, open the Device Manager and delete both affected KB/Mouse Devices, shutdown & remove spare KB/Mouse, and restart. Should fix the problem.

bodrizzle

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
I was able to get the 2nd keyboard to work and got to the device manager. The problem was that I only saw 1 ps2/usb controller for the keyboard so I deleted it. But i couldn't the controller for my wireless mouse. I deleted the Keyboard shut down and removed the 2nd keyboard as you said but when i boot up same problem occurs.
Is there any other way to fix this?

bodrizzle

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2010
Ok let me take back my words. The 2nd keyboard works and so does the 2nd mouse but the problem is that my usb Mouse and Keyboard wouldn't work. They work fine on my other computer. I don't want this happening to my other usb keyboards and mouse either so if i were to reinstall Windows 7 do you think that would fix the problem?

My next suggestion is to download the appropriate software for the USB KB/M disconnected and reinstall the Apps/Drivers again once prompted connect the USB KB/M.

I had a similar problem with my Microsoft wireless KB/M once I moved the USB ports and neither would work. Ever since the cables are labeled...