Asus M4N68T-M V2 blocked pci-e

Manji022

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
Really just sort of a warning for those who may be considering this board. I got mine free from microcenter with the purchase of a Phenom II X4 965 and it is a great little board for the most part.

The problem lies in the fact that putting a GTX 460 in my system blocks my PCI-e slot. Which is a darn shame because I really wanted to put in this WLAN card I have sitting around.

Just a heads up that a large GPU is going to block your PCI-e slot in case this is a serious issue for any of you out there.

ectoprime

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2011

How does it perform? I just ordered this setup and have a gtx460 but it is currently on a c2d e6300 - i mainly run wow and starcraft 2 or team fortress but want a more current machine

Manji022

Distinguished
Feb 18, 2010
It performs wonderfully. It runs anything at max settings. I have tested several game, Dead Space 2, Need for Speed, Crysis, Civ V and many more. All run great. How long it stays this good is a matter of debate but for now it is great.

Vyl

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
I had 1 of these boards come in a prebuilt PC. I also purchased a Xfire sound card to intall in for Optial audio connection and it wouldn't fit with aRadeon 5700 IWas not happy let me tell you!! My AsusM4A89GTDPro Board I purchased to replace the system Also has This Freaking ISSSUE!! so you can't run a crossfire 6700pair and the Xfire soundcard either!!! The Goofballs need to put the PCIE slots Down near 1of the PCIslots NOT! near where you need to fit a graphics card or2 with a Heatsink and Fan!!! I dont think these people have ever built A highquality Gaming PC Before to see just how stupid their slot placements are!!! Nuttbags!! :sarcastic:

sulumordna

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
i think to not confuse some people it should be specified that the PCI-e x1 slot is blocked ... i have this mobo with an hd 6790 (i know should have gotten a 6850 but i got it MUCH less than 6850 ...). the slots being blocked is common in micro atx mobos as i had this problem not just with asus, but with msi and biostar. as far as i am concerned they could do away with pci ...

TRENDING THREADS