Sign in with
Your question

Computer does not wake up from sleep mode, and one other issue.

Last response: in Motherboards
February 12, 2011 5:16:56 AM

I have tried several times to get it to work, various settings in power settings in the BIOS, two different PSUs, both windows 7 and XP(rarely use), but after sleep mode, it seems to wake up, but the screen is blank, the keyboard and mouse are not responsive. The machine also seems to have issues if I use it and press the power button to turn it off and back on, no idea why. If I don't use any sort of sleep mode it is fine, but what would be preventing this from happening properly.

Asus p7F7 Supercomputer with Xeon X3450 2.66 Ghz (bios revision 602)
8 GB of Kingston 1333 ECC
ATI Radeon 4850 HD

138 GB WD Hard drive (OS, partitioned to 7 and XP)
650 GB Hitachi (Data) (
Some Sony DVD/CD burner

BFG 850 Watt PSU, also tried a turbo cool 900 Watt but no change.

There is one other issue that occurred this evening when starting up the machine, it posted and detected drives and everything, then gave me a blinking cursor, ctrl alt delete did nothing other then make the system power off. I do remember once having a machine that would sometimes freeze on boot up, and once I had removed the DVD burner, the issue went away, though that may not be a mobo issue.

Other then that, its pretty damn stable once up in running. Aside some really old software I have giving issues in windows 7. :D 

a c 1097 V Motherboard
February 12, 2011 2:12:58 PM

My personal experience with sleep mode on multiple hardware is it is best not to use it because of the problems you are describing. I leave the computer on or off.
m
l
!