Toshiba portege 310CT Ram Question

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 9, 2004 3:55:52 AM

Hi

I would like to know what type of ram do i need to buy to expand the memory
of this laptop eg 144 pin sodimm ram ?

And can i expand this laptop beyond 64meg of ram by buying larger capacity
ram modules ?

Any help is appreciated...........thank you.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 9, 2004 3:55:53 AM

molla barzani <bsdstar@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I would like to know what type of ram do i need to buy to expand the memory
> of this laptop eg 144 pin sodimm ram ?
>
> And can i expand this laptop beyond 64meg of ram by buying larger capacity
> ram modules ?

Do you mean 3110CT?
If so, you can get 128M module to take you to 192M, but can go no higher.
There is only one slot, I think the memory is proprietory.
I looked at the chipset documentation, and it only supports 256M, but it
looks like you'd have to upgrade the motherboard (impossible) to 128M
to get it.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 9, 2004 9:33:55 AM

Hi

No its a 310CT its got the same specifications as a 320CT its a pentium
266Mhz model sub notebook, I think the 310CT was meant for the asian market
, mine has japaneese writing on the keyboard too, but all specifications are
the same as a Portege 320CT.

"Ian Stirling" <root@mauve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> molla barzani <bsdstar@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I would like to know what type of ram do i need to buy to expand the
memory
> > of this laptop eg 144 pin sodimm ram ?
> >
> > And can i expand this laptop beyond 64meg of ram by buying larger
capacity
> > ram modules ?
>
> Do you mean 3110CT?
> If so, you can get 128M module to take you to 192M, but can go no higher.
> There is only one slot, I think the memory is proprietory.
> I looked at the chipset documentation, and it only supports 256M, but it
> looks like you'd have to upgrade the motherboard (impossible) to 128M
> to get it.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 9, 2004 7:03:19 PM

"Ian Stirling" <root@mauve.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
> molla barzani <bsdstar@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > I would like to know what type of ram do i need to buy to expand the
memory
> > of this laptop eg 144 pin sodimm ram ?
> >
> > And can i expand this laptop beyond 64meg of ram by buying larger
capacity
> > ram modules ?
>
> Do you mean 3110CT?
> If so, you can get 128M module to take you to 192M, but can go no
higher.
> There is only one slot, I think the memory is proprietory.
> I looked at the chipset documentation, and it only supports 256M, but
it
> looks like you'd have to upgrade the motherboard (impossible) to 128M
> to get it.
Can confirm that - have 192 in my 3110CT.
!