Having trouble getting my first home built computer to load

G

Hello,

I just completed building my first computer and I'm having trouble getting anything to come up on my monitor when I turn it on. I was hoping I could get some advice for what may be going wrong. When I start the computer it turns and stays on; the fans run, the power supply and motherboard light up and the CD drive works (I have the Windows startup disc in it). I also checked if the USB, etc. responded and they do. However, my monitor shows no output from the computer with either the integrated or my PCI express graphics cards. As such, I assume it must be a hard drive/memory/CPU problem but again I have very limited knowledge. I have reinstalled the RAM and CPU to check for loose connections but beyond that I'm not sure what could be the problem. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe

Components:

Motherboard
ASRock 880G EXTREME3 AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard

Hard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Memory
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory

Processor
AMD Athlon II X4 635 Propus 2.9GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor

Graphics Card
Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

Power Supply
X-Power Pro 650 650W Continuous @ 40°C ATX 12V v2.2 / EPS 12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply