Sign in with
Your question
Solved

[solved] Which board is better, need suggestions

Last response: in Motherboards
February 12, 2011 4:39:42 PM

Hi there.. :) 
Here's what I'm going to put in that board that'll you prefer me to.

PSU:
ANTEC EA500D GREEN 500WATTS CONTINUOUS POWER (12V/22A)

GPU:
NVIDIA GTS 250 PciXpress INNO3D-1024MB 256 Bits DDR3
OR
ATI HD 4850 PciXpress XFX-512MB 256 Bits DDR5

Heatsink:
COOLER MASTER (COOLING SOLUTION) HYPER 212 PLUS

Which one is better from the following:

ASUS P5G41T-M LX
more

OR

INTEL DG41WV
more

Or any other do you think are better available out there in the same price.
I need suggestions desperately because the items that I mentioned above are in my range and also the board which I mentioned that too is in my range.
I wanna build my cheap gaming-pc. Thanks. :) 

Best solution

a c 235 V Motherboard
February 12, 2011 5:06:14 PM

Well... since you are buying an aftermarket cooler, I'm going to guess you plan to overclock... Correct?? If so, ASUS is the only way to go as Intel boards are not the best of overclockers!

If not overclocking, I would still get the ASUS board, as it is overall better.

Side note: With an LGA 775 board, you will have little benefit over DDR2. You could save money and go with a DDR2 board (assuming you currently have DDR2).
February 12, 2011 5:29:32 PM

tecmo34 said:
Well... since you are buying an aftermarket cooler, I'm going to guess you plan to overclock... Correct?? If so, ASUS is the only way to go as Intel boards are not the best of overclockers!

If not overclocking, I would still get the ASUS board, as it is overall better.

Side note: With an LGA 775 board, you will have little benefit over DDR2. You could save money and go with a DDR2 board (assuming you currently have DDR2).

No, I'm not going to overlock.
However, it is right that I'm currently using a ddr2 board. But, I've a very low amount of ram (1gb). So, I'll go for ddr3 if you recommend me to go so.

Also, which one you would prefer for Asus board Kingston or Corsair?
Do you know any other board which worth same as above 2 but better than those 2.
m
l
Related resources
a c 235 V Motherboard
February 12, 2011 5:39:33 PM

If you are upgrading memory, it makes sense to go with DDR3 at their prices right now :)  . For memory, I rank Corsair tops followed by G.SKILL & Mushkin. Kingston is good but I put them in the "value" range. Another way to look at is, If you are paying $10 for a Cas9 Corsair and can get the same Cas9 from Kingston for $5... Kingston. If they both are equal or close in price, Corsair or the other two I mentioned everytime... IMO.

As for motherboard, there really isn't a better option than the ASUS at it's price range... IMO.
m
l
February 12, 2011 5:54:31 PM

tecmo34 said:
If you are upgrading memory, it makes sense to go with DDR3 at their prices right now :)  . For memory, I rank Corsair tops followed by G.SKILL & Mushkin. Kingston is good but I put them in the "value" range. Another way to look at is, If you are paying $10 for a Cas9 Corsair and can get the same Cas9 from Kingston for $5... Kingston. If they both are equal or close in price, Corsair or the other two I mentioned everytime... IMO.

As for motherboard, there really isn't a better option than the ASUS at it's price range... IMO.

Thanks. I'll keep that in my mind.
Also, please would be grateful to you if you select any Asus board in range of $70 or so @newegg. :) 
Or the board which I mentioned on top is fine?
m
l
a c 235 V Motherboard
February 12, 2011 6:01:20 PM

I would select that board at $70 or less setup for an LGA 775, so I don't have another recommendation :)  .
m
l
February 12, 2011 6:04:20 PM

Best answer selected by naqqash.
m
l
February 12, 2011 6:08:04 PM

tecmo34 said:
I would select that board at $70 or less setup for an LGA 775 "ASUS P5G41T-M LX", so I don't have another recommendation :)  .

Done! Thank you sir. :) 
Actually I thought I'm not that good to select computer parts and thought I might get some other recommendation of computer genius in that sense I came here. :) 

/Solved, best answer (Y)
m
l
!