Sign in with
Your question

[Solved] Lost Network Controller - P67 Extreme6

Last response: in Motherboards
February 12, 2011 7:12:33 PM

Ok so I have had my new comp up and running for about 2 weeks with no problems and now all of a sudden I lost my Network controller. I was in the process of applying windows updates (win 7 x64) when I lost it. I have tried reinstalling the drivers from my cd and I get 2 errors the first is "findfile" failed and then I get (The Realtrek Network Controller was not found. If Deep Sleep Mode is enabled Please Plug the Cable) I have tried uninstalling the updates from windows and have also reset my Bios and neither is working. This motherbaord also has dual lan and both are not working.

I'm running an ASRock P67 Extreme6 motherboard with a i7 2600k cpu

Thanks
a c 1163 V Motherboard
February 12, 2011 8:28:47 PM

Apart from be disabled in BIOS by default it could be that the board is gone bad. Unfortunately it will be a long wait on RMA because of the P67 H67 board recall.
m
l
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 12, 2011 10:12:55 PM

MOBO with Dual LAN can problematic so unless you use it for a LAN party, properly configure teaming and your Router supports that feature only use (1) LAN RJ-45. Most Routers cannot work with Dual LAN, and none of the cable/phone company support it that I have ever seen.

Therefore, I assume that the LAN is NOT in Team or Bridged, if so then Disable. Next, if you did connect both cables then 9/10 you'll need to fully reset your router; use the reset button.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 717 V Motherboard
February 12, 2011 10:21:31 PM

Also, try to renew your address:
1. Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt
2. Type ipconfig /renew then press Enter

m
l
February 13, 2011 12:54:45 AM

Ok I got it working, I did a system restore to yesterday and that fixed it.

Apparently there is an optional update named "Accusys Inc. - Storage - ACS-6xxxx" that update screws up the LAN ports for some reason I also noticed my 2TB external drive did not work after I installed that update but now that I rolled back my computer everything is back to normal.

So if you have a P67 Extreme6 board DO NOT INSTALL WINDOWS UPDATE "Accusys Inc. - Storage - ACS-6xxxx"
m
l
!