Sign in with
Your question

SD Card files invisible (not hidden) still using 5GB

Last response: in Storage
July 10, 2012 10:04:09 PM

I have a problem with an SD card i've been using, suddenly all the files have disappeared. But yet it 4.62GB are being used and 2.77GB free. it has one file visible.

I right click and do an error check and it's still saying 400 odd files and folders are there. How do i get these back?
July 10, 2012 10:29:28 PM

invertedzero said:
I have a problem with an SD card i've been using, suddenly all the files have disappeared. But yet it 4.62GB are being used and 2.77GB free. it has one file visible.

I right click and do an error check and it's still saying 400 odd files and folders are there. How do i get these back?

And now ive just copied all the files to my hard drive by right clicking the sd card drive and selecting copy, and it's copied them with files appearing as file12.chk file 13.chk or something like that all had extension .CHK and now i can't even see them on my hard drive, there are no files there but yet it's taking up 4.6GB of space. What on earth do i do?
July 10, 2012 10:33:17 PM

and they're not "hidden" as all regular hidden files are visble on my pc
July 11, 2012 1:44:26 AM

Perhaps your sd card and hard drive are infected with viruses. Some viruses will hide your files or make them unrecognizable. Scan them with anti-virus software firstly. If the files still can't be found, restore with data recovery software. Maybe you need this, a FREE data recovery software: http://freeware-recovery.blogspot.com/2012/07/free-dele...

It fast and easy. You need to connect your sd card or hard drive to your computer. Then install and launch the software, select the drive you need to scan and wait till the scanning is finished. You will see the lost files again. Preview and save them in a new card.
Good Luck!
!