Presario 700 Battery Charging Problem

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
October 8, 2004 7:20:21 PM

I recently bought a new battery and followed the recommended procedure
of fully charging and discharging it several times. It worked great
for a month but now I sometimes have difficulty getting it to
completely charge up. (Other times it'll charge all the way to 100%.)

When I open Power Meter from the taskbar, I can see that I'm on AC
Power and the amount of the battery charge. I unplug the charger and
Power Meter shows that I'm now on batteries. Then if I plug it in
again, it says "Charging" and the total battery power remaining will
go up one or two percent. Then the word charging will dissapear and
the battery will remain at whatever % charge it's at.

Does this indicate a defective battery or something defective in my
computer?

--
Bob Simon
remove both "x"s from domain for private replies

"Bob Simon" <bsimon@xtnex.net> wrote in message
>I recently bought a new battery and followed the recommended procedure
> of fully charging and discharging it several times. It worked great
> for a month but now I sometimes have difficulty getting it to
> completely charge up. (Other times it'll charge all the way to 100%.)
>
> When I open Power Meter from the taskbar, I can see that I'm on AC
> Power and the amount of the battery charge. I unplug the charger and
> Power Meter shows that I'm now on batteries. Then if I plug it in
> again, it says "Charging" and the total battery power remaining will
> go up one or two percent. Then the word charging will dissapear and
> the battery will remain at whatever % charge it's at.
>
> Does this indicate a defective battery or something defective in my
> computer?
>
> --
> Bob Simon
> remove both "x"s from domain for private replies

Common problem with Presario, send it back for repair.
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 9, 2004 8:27:44 PM

On Sat, 09 Oct 2004 13:52:48 GMT, "foolinyu" <foo@BayArea.none> wrote:

>"Bob Simon" <bsimon@xtnex.net> wrote in message
>>I recently bought a new battery and followed the recommended procedure
>> of fully charging and discharging it several times. It worked great
>> for a month but now I sometimes have difficulty getting it to
>> completely charge up. (Other times it'll charge all the way to 100%.)
>>
>> When I open Power Meter from the taskbar, I can see that I'm on AC
>> Power and the amount of the battery charge. I unplug the charger and
>> Power Meter shows that I'm now on batteries. Then if I plug it in
>> again, it says "Charging" and the total battery power remaining will
>> go up one or two percent. Then the word charging will dissapear and
>> the battery will remain at whatever % charge it's at.
>>
>> Does this indicate a defective battery or something defective in my
>> computer?
>>
>> --
>> Bob Simon
>> remove both "x"s from domain for private replies
>
>Common problem with Presario, send it back for repair.

The notebook is out of warranty. But since the battery is new, I
thought if THAT was the problem, I could send IT back for replacement.

This common problem you mentioned, is it the external power supply or
something inside the notebook?

--
Bob Simon
remove both "x"s from domain for private replies
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 11, 2004 12:04:32 PM

Its most likely the converter board.. I repair a ton of 700's and they
all have problems. We have the part if you need it! (They are
cheap)..easy to change also.. www.ikenfixit.com
!