New Rig Advice - Gaming/Work

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
Anonymous
May 24, 2010 4:47:17 PM

Hi All,

Apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I looked through the headers and I realise this is a shop custom pc but it seemed pretty close and I'm after component advice/opinions, again apologies if this is completely the wrong place.

The rig i've been looking at to finally replace my 5 y/o custom built pc which is failing all over the place these days is,
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=FS...
I know its in UK pounds, electronics are a rip off over here compared to dollar prices sigh :( 

I've never bought from overclockers before and although this has a high rating from 26 people I wondered if anyone had any thoughts about the rig components themselves and wether this seemed like a good buy, a friend of mine remarked he thought the mobo looked cheaper than the rest of the rig. It looks powerful enough to cover me for a few years of graphic design / gaming. My last pc has definate cooling issues so that would be a concern on something with a high spec, especially as I read that the ati 5870 series dumps some of the heat back into the case.

Any thoughts welcome!

Thanks <3

Tom

More about : rig advice gaming work

May 24, 2010 4:56:00 PM

Well first off fill out the form in the sticky for us. Link in my SIG.

You're better off building your own than buying, and I've got not idea of the reliability/reputation of that site.

Basic part's wise for a gaming rig,

CPU i5-750 $200
Mobo: Asus P7P55D-E Pro $190
RAM G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600 7-8-7-24 $110
GPU: HD 5870 $400
HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 1 TB $90
PSU: Corsair 750W $110
Optical: Random $20 one
Case HAF 922 $90

$1,200 US for the build.
!