Good computer for latest games/price?

yaright

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
if i got that, do i ahve to put it together? and does it have everything i would need to play some latest games? like crysis, l4d fallout 3 ect with good fps and stuff?

yaright

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2010
mm, ive never taken apart or put a computer together before.

oh well, but does it have everything i would need for playing recent games, crysis fallout3 ect?

casue someone said some parts are missing

it would probbaly have all the cords to plug in and stuff right?

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
Well, you'd still need a keyboard, mouse, monitor and OS... Other than that, you'd have "everything." But, putting together something from parts chosen separately might actually work out better considering you could save a little money here and there on different parts, and even find improvements over pieces in that package. Of course, the primary concern is if you're comfortable doing it yourself. If not, then I'd stay away from it.

If the DIY thing isn't up your alley, I'm not sure what boutiques will deliver to Canada.

uwwmatt

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010

With that graphics card you should be able to run every game that is out right now just fine assuming you arn't going to be using some crazy display setup. The price doesn't seem too bad either. I just built a comparable i5-750 system with a XFX 5850 for about $1100. You may want to see if you can find an i5-750 computer in that same $1200 price range because it outpreforms the 965.

Here is a good link to understand the CPU Heirarchy
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-cpu,2599-7.html

As for building a PC yourself, I just did it last weekend for the first time and it wasn't difficult. I watched a few youtube videos on installing the CPU fan and followed the step by step guide on this site and it was working in only a few hours. You will probably save a couple hundred bucks too.

TRENDING THREADS