Sign in with
Your question

Good computer for latest games/price?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
April 21, 2010 11:10:44 PM

allright hopeing tiger direct delivers to ontario

would http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

run most of todays games, and hopefully future ones with good fps/performance?

i like its price so prolly gonna get it

a c 235 U Graphics card
April 21, 2010 11:31:49 PM

newegg.ca will deliver to canada, do you have a budget?
m
l
Related resources
April 21, 2010 11:47:50 PM

if i got that, do i ahve to put it together? and does it have everything i would need to play some latest games? like crysis, l4d fallout 3 ect with good fps and stuff?
m
l
a c 235 U Graphics card
April 22, 2010 12:03:16 AM

you have to put it together
m
l
April 22, 2010 12:12:12 AM

mm, ive never taken apart or put a computer together before.

oh well, but does it have everything i would need for playing recent games, crysis fallout3 ect?

casue someone said some parts are missing

it would probbaly have all the cords to plug in and stuff right?
m
l
a c 235 U Graphics card
April 22, 2010 12:21:49 AM

you would need a copy of Windows 7 to install on the HDD (or some other MS operating system)

youtube has a ton of instructional videos including ones from tigerdirect
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 22, 2010 12:44:21 AM

Well, you'd still need a keyboard, mouse, monitor and OS... Other than that, you'd have "everything." But, putting together something from parts chosen separately might actually work out better considering you could save a little money here and there on different parts, and even find improvements over pieces in that package. Of course, the primary concern is if you're comfortable doing it yourself. If not, then I'd stay away from it.

If the DIY thing isn't up your alley, I'm not sure what boutiques will deliver to Canada.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
April 22, 2010 12:49:36 AM

For $1200, you could build yourself a much better i7 1366 system.
m
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
April 22, 2010 2:18:05 AM

An i7 system isn't, "Much better," for gaming though. Phenom IIs do very nicely in gaming, and OC on stock cooling much better (though I think that package comes with a cooler).
m
l
April 22, 2010 9:53:19 AM

yaright said:
allright hopeing tiger direct delivers to ontario

would http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/ite...

run most of todays games, and hopefully future ones with good fps/performance?

i like its price so prolly gonna get it

With that graphics card you should be able to run every game that is out right now just fine assuming you arn't going to be using some crazy display setup. The price doesn't seem too bad either. I just built a comparable i5-750 system with a XFX 5850 for about $1100. You may want to see if you can find an i5-750 computer in that same $1200 price range because it outpreforms the 965.

Here is a good link to understand the CPU Heirarchy
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/best-gaming-cpu,259...

As for building a PC yourself, I just did it last weekend for the first time and it wasn't difficult. I watched a few youtube videos on installing the CPU fan and followed the step by step guide on this site and it was working in only a few hours. You will probably save a couple hundred bucks too.
m
l
a c 106 U Graphics card
April 22, 2010 4:46:49 PM

If you were to buy it that iBuyPower is pretty good since it has a decent quad core, 8GB, and a Radeon 5850. Of course, if you build it yourself you could build it with a better PSU and a crossfire motherboard that would allow you to add another 5850 latter on.
m
l
!