Sign in with
Your question

Lighting in a new case

Last response: in Components
July 28, 2010 7:01:22 AM

Just looking at getting my first case with a window in the next few weeks (x900) and i am looking for ANY information on case lighting. the case is silver and the fans are blue led. I am thinking of adding a bit of extra blue light but know nothing about this area. ANY information would be useful.

thanks in advance.

More about : lighting case

Related resources
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 28, 2010 2:36:36 PM

I'm not sure about 'hypnotic',
More 'bloody annoying' imo hehe, either look good though if thats what you're after
just remember, its easy to overdo lighting :p 
Moto
a b ) Power supply
July 28, 2010 2:44:25 PM

axlrose said:
anyone used anything like this?

http://www.crazypc.com/products/8230B.html

Ha I have that also, I usually leave it off, if your case is dark it makes a really cool effect, it kind of looks like one of those light balls that you touch and the electricty go to your fingers (why can't I think of the name of thsoe...)

Anyway its neat and if you dont like it you can take it out.. Ill try to get a picture of mine.

NVM my camera blows. But I can tell you first hand that, that gif does it no justice, it doesn't look that frantic. Its preety neat looking. Go by the picture, and not that gif.
July 28, 2010 8:27:52 PM

how do these work inside the pc? by which i mean, how do i install them? they sound fairly simple to do from what i keep reading, but what do they connect to for power and how do they turn off and on? can i turn them off it's the middle of the day and i'm by myself and turn them on if i'm a lan party and it's kind of dark and i want to show off?
July 28, 2010 8:28:33 PM

nice grammar, sorry for the stellar typing.
a b ) Power supply
July 28, 2010 8:33:50 PM

axlrose said:
how do these work inside the pc? by which i mean, how do i install them? they sound fairly simple to do from what i keep reading, but what do they connect to for power and how do they turn off and on? can i turn them off it's the middle of the day and i'm by myself and turn them on if i'm a lan party and it's kind of dark and i want to show off?

most connect to your psu via molex. the ones in my case came with a switch that i connected to an empty expansion slot on the back of my case
a b ) Power supply
July 30, 2010 1:13:06 AM

axlrose said:

They are simple to install, they come with velco strips, but I opt to use hardware double sided tape. The kind from MNPCTECH.

They connect to a power supply via a 4 pin molex connect, and all the ones I have seen has an expansion slot switch. I acutally have mine in the front of the case, not the back so I can get to them easier, I have them modded in a 2.5 bay slot.
!