Sign in with
Your question

Lighting in a new case

Last response: in Components
July 28, 2010 7:01:22 AM

Just looking at getting my first case with a window in the next few weeks (x900) and i am looking for ANY information on case lighting. the case is silver and the fans are blue led. I am thinking of adding a bit of extra blue light but know nothing about this area. ANY information would be useful.

thanks in advance.

More about : lighting case

Related resources
a c 104 ) Power supply
July 28, 2010 2:36:36 PM

I'm not sure about 'hypnotic',
More 'bloody annoying' imo hehe, either look good though if thats what you're after
just remember, its easy to overdo lighting :p 
Moto
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 28, 2010 2:44:25 PM

axlrose said:
anyone used anything like this?

http://www.crazypc.com/products/8230B.html

Ha I have that also, I usually leave it off, if your case is dark it makes a really cool effect, it kind of looks like one of those light balls that you touch and the electricty go to your fingers (why can't I think of the name of thsoe...)

Anyway its neat and if you dont like it you can take it out.. Ill try to get a picture of mine.

NVM my camera blows. But I can tell you first hand that, that gif does it no justice, it doesn't look that frantic. Its preety neat looking. Go by the picture, and not that gif.
m
l
July 28, 2010 8:27:52 PM

how do these work inside the pc? by which i mean, how do i install them? they sound fairly simple to do from what i keep reading, but what do they connect to for power and how do they turn off and on? can i turn them off it's the middle of the day and i'm by myself and turn them on if i'm a lan party and it's kind of dark and i want to show off?
m
l
July 28, 2010 8:28:33 PM

nice grammar, sorry for the stellar typing.
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 28, 2010 8:33:50 PM

axlrose said:
how do these work inside the pc? by which i mean, how do i install them? they sound fairly simple to do from what i keep reading, but what do they connect to for power and how do they turn off and on? can i turn them off it's the middle of the day and i'm by myself and turn them on if i'm a lan party and it's kind of dark and i want to show off?

most connect to your psu via molex. the ones in my case came with a switch that i connected to an empty expansion slot on the back of my case
m
l
a b ) Power supply
July 30, 2010 1:13:06 AM

axlrose said:

They are simple to install, they come with velco strips, but I opt to use hardware double sided tape. The kind from MNPCTECH.

They connect to a power supply via a 4 pin molex connect, and all the ones I have seen has an expansion slot switch. I acutally have mine in the front of the case, not the back so I can get to them easier, I have them modded in a 2.5 bay slot.
m
l
!