Sign in with
Your question

Which p67 motherboard

Last response: in Motherboards
February 13, 2011 3:50:32 AM

just wondering which one of these everybody else would buy as i was thinking of buying either

Asus P8P67 ATX

advantage being that it is ATX and it has 2 extra sata 6gb ports (only an advantage untill intel start shipping fixed boards)
and got a great review everwhere

Asus P8P67-M PRO mATX

advantage being crossire compatable

so it seems like the Asus P8P67-M PRO mATX is a cleaar winner for me although i am not sure if i will use crossfire (might 6m--1years time) and was wondering if a matx board is going to be any good at running a I5 2500k along with a decent graphics card and a reasonable overclock ...?

just wondering which one everyone on here would buy

More about : p67 motherboard

a b V Motherboard
a b Ĉ ASUS
February 13, 2011 4:23:50 AM

well mini atxs board are made for people who want a sff small form factor computer, so unless ur running a mini pc, i dont find the use of a mini-atx board
February 13, 2011 4:41:03 AM

yes i know buy the matx has crossfire and the other dosent
Related resources
February 13, 2011 5:36:29 AM

Neither.
February 13, 2011 7:36:41 AM

This is honestly a failed subject. Neither board has what you want. Just get the Regular P8P67 Pro by asus. Its crossfire/sli and its an ATX.
February 13, 2011 9:45:21 AM

the
Asus P8P67-M PRO mATX is crossfire compatible at x8---x8
February 13, 2011 12:15:38 PM

Both boards you listed are CF/SLI compatible.

Personally, I'd got with the standard ATX size. IT's a little easier to work with and it has those SATA 6.0 ports.

And if it is in your budget, bump it up to a P8P67 Pro ATX board.
February 13, 2011 1:25:23 PM

codnan said:
just wondering which one of these everybody else would buy as i was thinking of buying either

Asus P8P67 ATX

advantage being that it is ATX and it has 2 extra sata 6gb ports (only an advantage untill intel start shipping fixed boards)
and got a great review everwhere

Asus P8P67-M PRO mATX

advantage being crossire compatable

so it seems like the Asus P8P67-M PRO mATX is a cleaar winner for me although i am not sure if i will use crossfire (might 6m--1years time) and was wondering if a matx board is going to be any good at running a I5 2500k along with a decent graphics card and a reasonable overclock ...?

just wondering which one everyone on here would buy
Hi codnan :hello:  ...Personally I would buy the Asus P8P67 ATX,but since you think that the Asus P8P67-M PRO mATX is a clear winner than you must have an ATI graphic card to use or else you would not have thought of having the crossfire as an advantage to use ;)  ...Both of those motherboards/mainboards you mentioned have at least 1 x PCI-e x16 lane & if the micro ATX has crossfire support than it must have 2 x PCI-e x16 lanes,but do not forget that on these motherboards that once you install 2 ATI video cards for crossfire use that these x16 lanes will go back down to x8 lanes on both ;)  ...Also upon deciding on the micro ATX mainboard,if you have a large computer case these micro boards on average generate less heat within your pc case :ange:  ...Also do not let the other posts put you off buying the micro atx board,it can be used in any size case ;)  ...One more thing to mention,is that the Asus Pro series of motherboards are known to be good enough for your overclocking use,but not the best & will support the core i5 2500k ;)  ...If you do want the best,then go for the Asus P8P67 Deluxe motherboard & you will have the best Asus P67 chipset :)  ...Anyway I hope that I have been of some help to you,I have given you my opinion of what I would choose & also thought by the given information that you may have already chosen the right motherboard for your own use :)  ...
February 13, 2011 7:01:46 PM

Good luck finding one! I've called so many stores showing stock and they haven't updated their numbers properly since the recall. Despite assurances they don't want to be liable, don't blame them I suppose.

I have a 2600K and other bits sitting doing nothing and I can't find a P67 board to buy. :( 
February 14, 2011 3:07:31 PM

Mwave are selling some Gigabyte UD4s on Ebay, so I snapped one up. I can't wait til April and won't have many data SATA drives anyway (that I can use with the Marvell ports if necessary)
February 14, 2011 4:14:03 PM

I like the Asrock extreme 4, which according to some review I read either here or at anand, ran cooler than the Asus board and it is cheaper. One bad thing I didn't like though was the Asrock only has a year warranty, which has me a bit worried with all of these p67 problems. Asrock says that they will extend the warranty by one year on the bad p67 boards that have been exchanged, but didn't say anything about new p67 boards.
a c 717 V Motherboard
a c 207 Ĉ ASUS
February 14, 2011 4:18:13 PM

In CF/SLI there are a few 'caveats' to think about, the SB CPUs are fantastic but the MOBO architecture is another thing - it's more less the same as the older P55 MOBOs.

Building Chart:
February 14, 2011 9:19:23 PM

I am getting the P8P67 Deluxe as I looked everything over and it has the features I desire. PCI-E 2-8x lanes are enough with the current GPU's out there.
February 26, 2011 11:42:57 PM

TommyV said:
I like the Asrock extreme 4, which according to some review I read either here or at anand, ran cooler than the Asus board and it is cheaper. One bad thing I didn't like though was the Asrock only has a year warranty, which has me a bit worried with all of these p67 problems. Asrock says that they will extend the warranty by one year on the bad p67 boards that have been exchanged, but didn't say anything about new p67 boards.

It seems that they have extended the warranty in light of the recall....

http://www.asrock.com/news/events/201102ex/warranty.htm...
!