PC turns on loads for 3-4 seconds then turns off.Help Needed

Pcnoob6969

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
Hey Guys Thanks in advance for any help,

My PC 880gmh-le/usb3,555Be Amd chip,lightpower 600 thermal-take PSU,gainward GTS 250,4gb of corsair ram.

brought it back in September,upgraded the PSU and video card myself worked fine for 3 months.Installed all driver's and windows myself.

2 weeks ago shut it down before work as per normal,got home and it would boot for 3-4 seconds in the that time light up CD drive would come on and hearing HDD turn over even flicking the Little on and off light on my monitor to on shortly.

Switch'd it off at wall,again same out come,only after either turning PSU swicth to off or d/c plug and putting it back in would it attempt to run then swicthing off after 3-4 seconds and no beeps again.

Thought BIOS problem reset jumper still the same,thought PSU problem changed PSU to original that came with it still the same.

Then grabbing at strews,checked connection many many times could not see any shorts swap ram,took out video card,check powerswitch is not sticking,change power lead, try process again still the same.

Not to be outdone i keep looking but nothing i do changes it.

PC is still under warranty RMA it back for $25 taking out card and PSU and putting there PSU back in ofcause still doing the same 3-4 second load and shut down.as i test again before sending it.

Ring daily lol day 1 nothing happens,day 2 said he *has looked at it and fixed it*I asked what was wrong?and for the life of me i cant make out what he said...

Now.I get PC back first thing i do before even testing it is..put my PSU and card back in and just like before everything works fine..

Does so for a week and as fate would have it get home from work today and here we go again with the 3-4 second boot up and shut down.

now being the type of guy that always try'd to fix everything himself back at square one.

When i recvived Pc back and working nothing had been changed cept the adding of a few PSU cable ties i had cut off before.Same PSU,HDD,mobo,chip,DvD.All i could see added was programs had left off the install when installing chip/mobo/card drivers myself like insta boot and asrock IES and added unboard video driver i had left off cause i had card to go in.

This has me at a brick wall and left again with the only option to RMA for $25 again.

Anyone any idea?

And sorry for my horrible English :(

Pcnoob6969

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
As-rock 880gmh-le motherboard
AMD Phenom II 555 Black Edition
Corsair 4GB RAM (2 x 2GB) DDR3 PC10600 1333Mhz DIMM Dual channel, low latency memory, 4GB in total.
Gainward Nvidia GeForce GTS250
Thermaltake 600 lightpower PSU

Have many PSU's lying around the house changing it does nothing still turns on for 3-4 seconds

Have since rang store back in work hours,guy that fixed it before said changed Ram and in was going again.

Have no other PC with DDR3 Ram all DDR2 :( took Ram to local dealer he will test it today.

Running the PC with no Ram will cause it to beep (finally) then shut off 10-15 seconds later.

Tested running either stick of Ram one at a time nothing changes 3-4 seconds then shuts down no beeps.I have had bad DDR2 ram in my days PC always beeps several times and would not load to bios but never shutdown 3-4 seconds later

Even if Ram is fried can RMA it but leaving me without a decent time machine for a week so might just by 1 cheap stick why i RMA the two others.

And at any rate would would be frying my Ram?and why only my Ram both sticks both times?When it was going always checked voltages and temps nothing was ever abnormal

Thanks for any help.

kikireeki

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2009
Ok just to beat the odds, open the case and unplug the case power switch connector from the Motherboard, and try to short-circuit the two power pins on the board using a flat screwdriver (do not bend the pins just use the screwdriver as a conductor and be careful here and avoid short-circuiting any other pins) once the pc turns on, remove the screwdriver.