Sign in with
Your question

NZXT Phantom Full Tower Review

Last response: in Components
July 28, 2010 12:02:43 PM

I had opportunity to receive a sample and review it. It's loaded with lots of great features including matching color chassis, easy access panels, support for dual radiator and built-in 5 channel fan controller (20 watts per channel).

a c 77 ) Power supply
July 28, 2010 4:22:14 PM

Nice review... thanks for sharing!!

It is a very interesting case and look forward to see where it falls price wise nad to see how it competes with the likes for the Silverstone RV02, Corsair 800D, Cooler Master HAF X... etc.
July 28, 2010 7:07:11 PM

$140 - $150

What will propel sales of the Phantom is Debunking the thought of the bezel and top panel being made from cheap plastic. I was apprehensive at first, but was pleasantly surprised.

Related resources
July 29, 2010 12:56:08 PM

I forgot to mention that the side panel fans, 2 x 120mm and 1x 200mm include filters. Only the front lacks an intake fan and filter.
a c 164 ) Power supply
July 29, 2010 1:08:33 PM

awesome, keep up the good work!
July 29, 2010 9:37:53 PM

ct1615 said:
awesome, keep up the good work!

Thank you ct1615! :) 
a b ) Power supply
July 29, 2010 11:36:33 PM

Hey MM, whens the Lian-Li PC-A77f review? You know you want to!

I must say this case suprised me. When I first heard about it I was really put off by the plastic and styling, but on closer inspection I can't complain much. I do completely agree though, full aluminum for me too.
July 31, 2010 3:41:54 PM

hehe.. I review these cases for fun in my "spare time"... and Lian Li started getting real pushy about getting my reviews posted quicker. I told them "I'm sorry, but you're not paying me for these reviews and I have other obligations" ... and that ended the samples coming.

I still love their products and wouldn't hesitate to purchase them.
a b ) Power supply
July 31, 2010 4:22:50 PM

Yeah, I think I've read something similar before from some other review site. Something similar happened to me when I was sent a trial sample of the Sennheiser IE8s. After a few days they asked about a review, but since the earphones used dynamic drivers they needed atleast 100 hours of burn in before I could make a decent conclusion, which they should have known. At least Lian Li don't demand good scores, then again they probably don't need to.

I'm just getting kind of annoyed with the lack of ANY English reviews on the case, even though its been out forever and is Lian Li's new flagship case. They won't review it, but they will review that ugly blue thing the day of release.

Back on topic, I noticed they do have listings for the 200mm fans:
http://nzxt.com/new/products/case_fans/fn_200rb

Hopefully, they will be widely available, especially on Newegg, so that those who purchase the case can outfit it with more fans, I know I wouldn't settle for 1 200mm fan on top when I can have two!

Does the Phantom come with another dust filter for the front 120mm, or 200mm side emplacements? If not, NZXT really screwed up there.
August 7, 2010 11:04:47 AM

I'm sure NZXT left out the 200mm (top) and front fan to prompt sales of the fans on Newegg and other retailers.

My sample didn't come with those filters, but the retail version might?

!