TRLA, thoughts from the pen of Dragoncarer

So, Gary's special little surprise arrived the other day! Yay!

Gary's so superspecial...but meanwhile,

I've already started it.

It's pretty good. I will keep you updated as I move onwards and
upwards. Ahh geez...how much my heart flutters as I flip around
shooting the pajeesus out of them poor security guards.

Amazing how the keyboard config and movements just come flooding
straight back to you after so many years away from PC
TombRaider...like riding a bike, as they say.

Dragoncarer wrote:

> So, Gary's special little surprise arrived the other day! Yay!
>
> Gary's so superspecial...but meanwhile,

All I ask is that I not get any blame for keeping you away from
class work. ;)

At least now you can try out that tricky jump and swim for the Uzi.
Did you see the nifty video on how to do that? (Jeff Reid posted
a link to it in the "Tombraider Lost Artifact" thread.)

Enjoy. :)

-- G

"Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> Dragoncarer wrote:
> >
> > So, Gary's special little surprise arrived the other day! Yay!
> >
> > Gary's so superspecial...but meanwhile,
>
> All I ask is that I not get any blame for keeping you away from
> class work. ;)
>
> At least now you can try out that tricky jump and swim for the Uzi.
> Did you see the nifty video on how to do that? (Jeff Reid posted
> a link to it in the "Tombraider Lost Artifact" thread.)

Yeah I have no idea where that jump even originiates....hmm not sure if I'm
even up to it yet...meanwhile...that site is down! I wil ltry again now
though wheeeeeee

Dragoncarer wrote:

> "Gary Mitchell" <wb6yru@ix.nospam.netcom.com> wrote in message
> > Dragoncarer wrote:
> > >
> > > So, Gary's special little surprise arrived the other day! Yay!
> > >
> > > Gary's so superspecial...but meanwhile,
> >
> > All I ask is that I not get any blame for keeping you away from
> > class work. ;)
> >
> > At least now you can try out that tricky jump and swim for the Uzi.
> > Did you see the nifty video on how to do that? (Jeff Reid posted
> > a link to it in the "Tombraider Lost Artifact" thread.)
> >

> Yeah I have no idea where that jump even originiates....hmm not sure if I'm
> even up to it yet...meanwhile...that site is down! I wil ltry again now
> though wheeeeeee

Out of that whole level, I think many of us spent as much time in that
general area as in the rest of the level. It's up stream, right next
to the part that leads into the "ocean," but you can't get in there.
As you face the ocean (where you might catch a glimpse of Nessie) the
Uzi is to your left. That jump would be from high up on your right.

The first time I tried to get the uzi, I made it. From ground level
on the right, I jumped in the water and swam toward that "wall" keeping
you out of the ocean, and then tried to pull out just as I neared the
land on the other side. Lara seemed to jump out strangely, like there's
a bug in that spot. I've tried that again (and again) and decided I was
just lucky. It can be done, but it isn't easy. You have to catch it
just right. If you miss, the current pulls you down stream and it's a
bit of a walk to get back and try again.

As for walking around on that ocean... The only way back there I know
of is by using a location editor on a savegame. If there's a way from
within the game, I've never found it. And I *have* tried. ;)

-- G