Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Can modems go bad

Last response: in Networking
March 1, 2010 10:21:12 PM

Hello,
I have Verizon DSL -- and one website will not load -- I keep getting error messages -- have called Verizon -- they said everything OK at their end -- did full system scan -- everything OK on both my computers. Can this be a modem/router problem?

More about : modems bad

Best solution

March 1, 2010 10:29:51 PM

If it's only one website that won't load, it's NOT a problem w/ your modem. It could just be that website having a problem, maybe the administrator has taken it offline.
March 2, 2010 1:32:37 AM

If it is just one site that is not coming up I would not worry about it. Start worrying when majority of sites don't show up.

Just be happy that you do get working service lol. I worked for Teletech that does Verizon dsl tech support for about a year and I have many horror stories from back in the day.
m
l
Related resources
March 9, 2010 1:02:03 AM

Thanks, the VZ support came from Manilla -- I'm wondering how they can determine that nothing is being blocked at their end? I can log on to the troublesome site from any other location with my same laptop computer and no problem. How do I push these guys -- I need access to that site from home??

Thanks, Dave

rograthanoth said:
If it is just one site that is not coming up I would not worry about it. Start worrying when majority of sites don't show up.

Just be happy that you do get working service lol. I worked for Teletech that does Verizon dsl tech support for about a year and I have many horror stories from back in the day.

m
l
March 9, 2010 1:02:45 AM

Best answer selected by b3dave.
m
l
March 14, 2010 11:53:46 PM

b3dave said:
Thanks, the VZ support came from Manilla -- I'm wondering how they can determine that nothing is being blocked at their end? I can log on to the troublesome site from any other location with my same laptop computer and no problem. How do I push these guys -- I need access to that site from home??

Thanks, Dave

Usually for isp's there is only a select few ports that are blocked so if you are using a program that uses a port that isn't on their block list then they know. This doesn't mean that your equipment may not be configured properly and teh block could be possibly on your end still.

As for their tech support that was a few years back that I worked for them but when I was there they had teams of like 10 with a manager which was tier 1. Then they had tier 2 which was the advanced techs. The tier 2 techs can make calls out of the support center to the network engineers and such so if I was to talk to anyone it would be tier 2. Thats how it worked back in the day when I was there.
m
l
!