Sign in with
Your question

Hdd problem

Last response: in Storage
July 11, 2012 9:37:59 AM

hi
recently "about year ago" i noticed that my pc started getting real slow :heink:  and if i format partion c and reinstall os it gets faster for about week or soo then it become slow and if i changed the sata port that the hdd sata cable plugged to it become faster for some days then it go back slow :pfff: 
so i changed my (power,ram,vga card) but it still very slow some games from decades like wow barely go 30 fps in low setting and it always drop to 5~9 fps when something happens in the screen while it was going always 50fps before and when is click some folder the icons seems like loading they dont come once and firefox takes about 15 sec to run :o 
so someone told me that my hdd is probably damaged and i need to replace it so i wanted to ask before buying one
my specs are:
cpu:intel 3ghz 512mb cache
ram:3gb kingston 800mhz ddr2 1*1gb 1*2gb
vga:xfx geforce 8400gs
motherboard:gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L
hdd:

thanks for help :D 

More about : hdd problem

a b G Storage
July 11, 2012 10:48:18 AM

It's a bit odd that you would replace so many parts without checking your hard drive first.

Find your drive here, http://www.seagate.com/support/?cmpid=lp_press_support
and you should be able to locate a drive test for it. If it fails then your hard drive is bad, and will need replaced.
July 11, 2012 11:02:36 AM

Sounds like you have to many programs running at start up.Turn everything off that starts win windows starts except your antivirus , fire wall and spyware programs. Even windows update change it to manual.
Related resources
July 11, 2012 9:03:05 PM

itchea said:
i am running windows 8 realese preview now and i dont even have antiviures
@tomatth
thats what happened and thats why i ask now ^^
and from the link you give me i could get here
http://www.seagate.com/support/internal-hard-drives/des...
but dont know what to do after

Ok go to down loads and down load seatools for windows. install it and then check the disk with the program. If it passes then your good to revert back to windows 7.
!