First system build. Need help and advice for balanced system

santho14489

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE:Before 31-05-2010
BUDGET RANGE: 550$

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT: Music, gaming like NFS and Warcrafts(Not a hardcore gamer and plays rarely), surfing the internet, watching movies

PARTS NOT REQUIRED:keyboard, mouse, monitor, speakers, OS

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: www.deltapage.com
COUNTRY OF ORIGIN:INDIA

PARTS PREFERENCES: Intel i5 750 2.66 GHZ

OVERCLOCKING:Maybe

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: Dont know what is SLI or Crosswire. MAY BE if falls in my budget

MONITOR RESOLUTION: Not sure

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Since this is my first system build and being novice, am not aware of few technical terms. Will use VMWARE more. Need very very balanced and good performing system, long lasting without upgrading atleast for next 3 to 4 years. since my first system lasted 3 years i want this system lasting for 5 years

Well I doubt you will be able to get a good setup with the i5 750 in that budget of yours...
Even if you are able to get, then am sure you would have to skimp on the quality of other components like the PSU, a very low powered graphics card...and still I doubt you would be able to get that within your budget...and skimping on quality means these components might not last long as you wanted...

For occasional gaming and for your usage, IMO the AMD Athlon II X3 would best suit...
It is a powerful 3GHz Tri-Core, that handle games very well...And its performance overall is very good...

Now for the config...
AMD Athlon II X3 440
AMD 760G ASUS M4A78LT-M LE - DDR3
A 2GB DDR3 stick for now and add 1 more later on...
Case of your choice...Just see to that it has good ventilation and atleast 1 or 2 120MM fans and space for even more...
PSU - Corsair 400CX
http://www.theitwares.com/corsair-cmpsu400cx-400w-atx12v-plus-certified-smps-p-84.html
Even this is an Indian website...
Dont skimp on the PSU quality...This PSU will last you for many years and with 80+ efficiency will save power too...
Graphics card - If your monitor resolution is not very high and as you said you dont play often, then even a HD 4670 would suffice...But if you want a more powerful card, then HD 4850 would be a very good option...
HDD - 500GB Samsung F3 or Seagate 7200.12
DVD - Any and get a SATA drive...

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
You will not be able to get an i5-750 with that budget, the CPU itself will end up being 30% of your budget...

Furthermore, for your needs, there really is no reason to try and finagle an i5 in there, when even an Athlon II X2 would suffice.

santho14489

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
Can anyone ssuggest one balanced system please. Gonna build today. I just need intel i5 750 processor. I am even ready to go some 50 to 100$.

Please suggest one good motherboard for i5 750 and RAM with good speed. Thanks.

santho14489

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
I just paid 50% of the money to the dealer. My configuration is

Intel i5 750
Gigabyte H55M-S2H
2 GB of RAM
500 WATTS PSU
500 GB Hard Disk Seagate
Samsung DVD Writer
NVIDIA 1GB 9500 GT

Any advice

santho14489

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
OK. Can we say that Graphics card is suitable for games like NFS most wanted and Warcrafts?

Also Pls tell me is Graphics card required for this configuration since that motherboard has onboard Graphics

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
It should run them decently, and if it has onboard graphics then its not neccessary to have a discrete GPU. But you can not use the integrated graphics because its a special feature built into certain i3/i5/i7 CPUs. Use the 9500 for now, and then upgrade it down the road if you need to.

santho14489

Distinguished
May 24, 2010
ok. Thank you verry much. I heard that if wrong parts are used there will be drop in the system performance. What about the system stability of my configuration? Is it stable. Help me pls

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
If by stable you mean those parts are compatible, then yes. There is no way we can tell you the physical condition of those parts, if any are DOA (Dead on Arrival), etc. You need to build it and find that out.

Transmaniacon

Distinguished
Sometimes parts are defective, theres usually like a 5% standard error when it comes to parts being damaged during shipping or packaging. Its not something you should worry about, but its something does not work the first time you try it, thats likely the cause. If you are buying these parts from some guy though, you probably don't have this option.