Problem with 10.3 driver

chedderslam1976

Distinguished
Nov 24, 2008
My computer has been really slow over the last couple of weeks. I have been running scans, diagnostics, everything I can think of to fix it.

I just noticed that the action center had a notification for the display driver:

Download and install the driver for your video card
Your video card is missing a driver.

The model name of your video card is Radeon HD 5700 Series.

So, I uninstalled the driver, rebooted in safe mode, ran driver sweeper, rebooted, and reinstalled the drivers.

The first time I booted, after the log in screen, I got the mouse cursor on a black screen. Stuck. Finally had to reboot. When I got back in, I got the same message that I had no video driver.

I don't know if I should roll back to 10.2 or earlier. I'm not gaming right now, only doing web development, but just opening my browser and loading a page takes almost 10 seconds. It took less than two a few weeks ago.

Not sure what else to try. Please help.

The slowing down of the PC had nothing to do with your graphics drivers in the first place.
A page taking more time to load is not in the least dependent of the graphics capabilities of a new computer. Unless it's a hyper vector graphics loaded page, and that too wouldn't be such a heavy thing for a normal computer.
You've gone and messed up with the wrong area, and now you're going to have to give a more detailed explanation of your configuration and problem and work load inclusive of tests you've been running on the computer if you really want the issue solved.

Remove the graphics drivers completely from the system and all ATI connected drivers.
After uninstallation don't reboot.
Remove the Hardware from the Device Manager too.
Then Reboot and reininstall the latest driver, I think It's 10.3
It'll work fine after detecting the hardware a new.
Try it and get back.