Toshiba laptop latch

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
October 9, 2004 8:16:55 AM

The latch on the Toshiba Satellite 1200 broke. I can't find the part or even
part # online. Where can I find it and is it easy to put it back. Thanks.

More about : toshiba laptop latch

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 10, 2004 2:00:02 AM

The latch on my 5200 broke a few months ago - it needed a complete new
ba$e...

"leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
> The latch on the Toshiba Satellite 1200 broke. I can't find the part or
> even part # online. Where can I find it and is it easy to put it back.
> Thanks.

October 10, 2004 5:45:09 AM

"Honkeytonk Man" <honkmyhorn@honky.com> wrote in message
> The latch on my 5200 broke a few months ago - it needed a complete new
> ba$e...

I don't know about the 5200, but the 1200 latch is a little piece which is
about 1" long and a spring. It is a separate piece of plastic on the LCD.
Related resources
October 10, 2004 10:41:24 AM

Did you try these guys?
http://www.techspareparts.com/toshiba-laptop-parts.asp
Terry

"leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
> The latch on the Toshiba Satellite 1200 broke. I can't find the part or
> even part # online. Where can I find it and is it easy to put it back.
> Thanks.

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 10, 2004 12:58:11 PM

Ah, my apologies Leo, I thought you meant the latch on the base to hold the
battery, not the screen.

> "Honkeytonk Man" <honkmyhorn@honky.com> wrote in message
>> The latch on my 5200 broke a few months ago - it needed a complete new
>> ba$e...
>
> I don't know about the 5200, but the 1200 latch is a little piece which is
> about 1" long and a spring. It is a separate piece of plastic on the LCD.

October 10, 2004 7:00:24 PM

> Ah, my apologies Leo, I thought you meant the latch on the base to hold
> the battery, not the screen.

No apologies needed as I forogot there are latches somewhere else. ;-)

I can't find the part at techspareparts.com so it might not be easy to find
or might cost a futune for this little piece. The laptop is still usable,
just not easy to lug around and I have to push the screen all the way in the
first time to make sure the lid does engage the hibernation switch. ;-)
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 10, 2004 10:48:08 PM

On Sun, 10 Oct 2004 08:58:11 +0100, "Honkeytonk Man" <honkmyhorn@honky.com>
wrote:

:>Ah, my apologies Leo, I thought you meant the latch on the base to hold the
:>battery, not the screen.
:>
:>"leo" <someone@somewhere.net> wrote in message
:>news:Fu0ad.13828$gs1.6504@newsread2.news.atl.earthlink.net...
:>> "Honkeytonk Man" <honkmyhorn@honky.com> wrote in message
:>> news:4168514f$0$15103$cc9e4d1f@news-text.dial.pipex.com...
:>>> The latch on my 5200 broke a few months ago - it needed a complete new
:>>> ba$e...
:>>
:>> I don't know about the 5200, but the 1200 latch is a little piece which is
:>> about 1" long and a spring. It is a separate piece of plastic on the LCD.
:>>
:>

You will never find a part number for that latch. The reason being is the
1200 is one of the "infamous" Compal models that has no separate part
numbers for the individual pieces of the cover assembly or the base
assembly. If you break one part, such as the latch, you have to buy the
whole cover assembly to be able to replace it. Your only hope is to find a
lcd cover assembly that someone has replaced for cracking due to the hinge
problem and salvage the latch off of it.

me/2
!