Windows XP Startup Problem

After I've finished installing Windows XP, and when I'm starting windows, the
blue loading bar stops suddenly, and the hard drive does not respond. No
error message is indicated, and even safe mode doesn't work. Restarting
repeatedly results in the same problem too. What should I do?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows startup problem

    I had this problem and someone on XPhelp&support suggested I check out
    memory, which I did and
    substituted one of the sticks and upto now PC has been ok.

    The PC was otherwise working ok once you got it on, now seems ok

    Nope, it still doesn't work. I downloaded a memory tester and all 3 tests
    were recorded successful. I disabled all onboard peripherals, and rebooted,
    but still the bar was stuck. I changed to another hard drive and disconnected
    the CD-ROM drive but the problem was still there. By the way, my computer is
    an Intel Celeron D 2.4 GHz.. Could the problem lie within the processor
    itself, because I've tried the rest of the hardware to no avail.. Please
    advise, because I'm out of ideas already. =(

Configuration Microsoft Windows XP