What Case To Buy?

Sedransk

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2010
I have diagnoses a fatal issue with my motherboard, and I am now looking to build a new rig from the ground up, considering that PC technology is advancing so fast and even my half a year old Q9550 is not at the top of the curve anymore. I am wondering what case is the best bang for your buck and will still be capable down the road when I can afford the i7 etc.

I will be buying the case first as it is one of the cheapest parts and then I will go from there as I continue to save money for more the expensive parts. Thanks for your help

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006
Your CPU is fine. There is no point replacing it. I upgraded from a dual core to my i7. Get a new motherboard and be happy with the great CPU you already own. Upgrade in a year or two when the high end desktop variants(HEDT) of Sandy Bridge(SNB) come out.

As for the case, what size are you looking for? Mid tower, Full tower?

For mid tower, the Antec P183 is nice. For full Tower, the Cooler Master ATCS 840 is a wonderful case for a reasonable price.

one-shot

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2006

jefe323

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2010

the corsair oblivion is far from cheap and is not a good option for air cooling. I would recommend either the haf 932 or haf x

nish-ka-bibble

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2010
I like the In Win Maelstrom

You can get it RIGHT now for $70 shipped with code : JULYENDA and rebate.

The Pro's: It's cheap, good airflow (up to 10 fans you can install!) and full sized case at a good price!
The Con's: No cable mngt...and saw off those silly green bars :D

The reviews on it are good, and I mean the ones outside of Newegg as well.

Go check out this review HERE

It's worth checking out for the price...