Sign in with
Your question
Solved

When HDD and SSD plugged in brings up "NTLDR Missing" error

Last response: in Storage
July 12, 2012 12:30:08 AM

No matter what order the drives are plugged in to the SATA ports, it brings up the NTLDR Missing error. When I unplug the HDD and just use the SSD it opens up the OS just fine. The specs are as follows

Shuttle SG31G2
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400
4 Gigs G Skill RAM
nvidia 9800 GT EE
D-link DWA-552 PCI Wireless adapter
250W power supply
Lite on DVD-RW
Seagate 120GB 7200 RPM HDD
OCZ Vertex 30GB SSD

I have just the SSD and DVD drive plugged in now and it works. I am about to power down and try plugging in just the SSD and HDD to see if there is just too much power being drawn with that last drive, even though I doubt it. I also need to add that this just started happening about an hour ago. I was away from the computer and it just restarted itself. Thanks for any help you guys can give.

Best solution

a c 529 G Storage
July 12, 2012 12:41:59 AM

Enter your BIOS and see if there are any settings for device priority.
If so, make your SSD the 1st boot device.
July 12, 2012 12:44:25 AM

Ill plug all of the drives back in and give that a go. Thanks!
m
l
Related resources
July 12, 2012 12:51:16 AM

It was already set as the first boot device, but for some reason it worked just fine. This all started while I was downloading a game, and when I booted a second ago with just the HDD and SSD plugged in I uninstalled the game. I dont know for sure but I guess that could have had something to do with it. It hadnt done it before I downloaded the game, and hasn't done it since I uninstalled it. Thanks for the help Dereck
m
l
July 12, 2012 12:52:06 AM

Best answer selected by carowden.
m
l
!