WD myBook NAS Problem

vincent price

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I have had a 2TB Western Digital My Book World Edition NAS for about 2 years now, but for some reason last night the speed of transfers TO the drive from my computer went way down, but the speed FROM the NAS to my computer remains as it always has. I tried to transfer over a 200MB file to the drive and it gave me an ETA of an hour at a speed of 20-40 KB/second.

I have made no changes at all, and I can't figure out why the speed coming FROM it works, but the speed going TO it doesn't. Anyone have any ideas?

vincent price

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
Just a bit of an update, I tried copying a file from my macbook connected via wifi and it transfers files at their normal speed, which has me more confused than ever!

When I run in to difficulty appears to be only when I am using my windows 7 htpc, which I just installed a fresh copy of windows on to.

vincent price

Honorable
Jul 10, 2012
I figured out the problem I think. I had downloaded a proxy program so I could watch the BBC iPlayer which apparently was conflicting with the network drive, even though it was turned off. I uninstalled it and the speeds are now how they used to be.

Latest posts