halfamaster

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2010
Hi all, this is my 1° post here so i am sorry if i am posting on the wrong area...

This is my problem: I bought a new Motherboard Asus P5Q pro (yes its old but still...) for my Q8200, i also have a Powercolor 5830, 4 GB ram ( 2 x 2gb samsung 800mhz), 600gbhdd and a CZU 600w power supply.
I have the motherboard since friday and it allready rebooted 3 or 4 times since then.

I dont think its the temp. because i have an eye on them and they are allways arround 39-42c (cpu) and 29-35c (gpu). The problem is that sometimes i am playing and for no reason i see a black screen followed up by gray and sort of blue lines and then my pc reboots. Today i saw a BSOD after that happened (SQRL_more_or_less - something like that, cant remenber...). The video card is only "OCed" (from 800 to 810, and 1000 to 1050). The cpu is also OCed (from 2.333 to 2.700, i am whaiting for a new cooler so i can oc more).

What do you guys think it is?

Thank you in advanced :)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Stop OCing and see if the system becomes stable. You are describing classic heat and/or power issues.

Also, take the side cover of your case off (if you want to continue OCing) to see if that helps. If this helps, you need to increase/optimize your airflow. Make sure all of your fans are working and that they are as unobstructed as possible.

Good luck!