Upgrading my processor

G

Right now I have a Intel Core i3 530 @ 2.93GHz. I do a lot of video rendering in HD, and it takes about 40 minutes to render a 10 minute video in 1080p HD with Sony Vegas. Obviously, I am not happy because of this. I would like that time to be reduced by buying a core i5 or i7, and don't want to spend over $500. I also need to get 2 more 2 GB sticks of DDR3 ram, so that's $100. I have a 4850, too, and I play a lot of games. If I get a new processor and more ram(I'm at 4gigs right now) will I need to get a new GPU, too? Also, my mobo supports i3 i5 and i7 processors. To pass the time, I also wanted to know how to overclock my CPU. My mobo is a BIOSTAR Group TH55B HD.

Timop

Distinguished
G

Thank you very much! Although, I have 2 empty RAM slots, and 4 gigs for $100 is that bad XD. Thanks for the guide, it was very helpful. Now, I'm all like "Shwooom! Shabow!" because the processor is all like "Vroom! Pow!"

Timop

Distinguished
Adding 4GB wouldn't make much of a difference for vegas AFAIK, unless you are doing heavy [strike]rendering[/strike] editing the difference is mainly psychological. Fell free to add if it makes you feel better though.

But Id say do blow the $100 on something stupid and feel even better. XD

(random question, you DO have win 7 64bit right?)