How to fix white laptop screen? (Dell Latitude LS)

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
October 9, 2004 1:07:45 PM

I have a Dell Latitude LS which I'm trying to repair. The problem I'd
like to fix is simple: when I turn the laptop on, the screen just goes
white. Changing the angle of the display doesn't seem to have any
effect. I can, however, use an external monitor without any problem,
so the video driver/card seems to be fine.

My question is, what is likely to be the cause of this problem? Is the
LCD itself dead, or is it simply not connected properly? Or is there
some other piece of hardware that is bad and needs to be replaced? If
it could be more than one of these problems, how can I tell which one
it is?

Thanks very much for your help!

Mike
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
October 11, 2004 12:04:33 PM

Start by checking the inverter cable. If its chaffed and shorting it
can display these symptoms. Otherwise? LCD failure can also cause
this..