Question about Antec 1200 (Or similar?)

Ok so I am building a new i7 system and I am getting the Antec 1200 case. I noticed that the included rear and top fans are wired into 3-way toggle switches for speed and the 3 front fans are wired into turn dials to adjust speed. I was considering also putting a NZXT Sentry 2 fan controller in this but I am not sure what the wiring is like with the built in switches/dials or how difficult it would be to install the fans to the fan controller. Any tips from people who have the 1200 or similar antec series case?
3 answers Last reply
More about question antec 1200 similar
  1. I think you can only plug 3-pin fans into those types of controllers... Don't quote me on that, but I read a few reviews for controllers like that and i think i saw a few reviewers that mentioned that the fan had to be a 3-pin because it supports RPM reading and control.

Now, I don't know if your case fans are 3-pin... But someone else might know.
  2. My Antec 300 came with tri-cools, which are three pin fans, so I would assume the 1200 features the same fans.
  3. The Twelve Hundred has all 4 pin molex connectors for fans but if you look at that fan controller HERE you will notice it supports 3 pin or molex connections. What I am wondering is what do I have to do to make it so they are not wired to the switches/dials so they can be controlled by the fan controller.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Antec Cases Fan Controller Systems Product