Only getting audio out of left channel

I just upgraded to Windows 7-64 bit

my sound card is an Echo "MiaMidi" its a pci card for home recording

all worked fine before but now, after everything is installed i only get audio out of the left channel. The outputs on the card are split into left and right channels but my wiring has not changed though i have checked multiple times. I have th most recent driver.

I am at a loss.
4 answers Last reply
More about only audio left channel
  1. Check your sound settings, are you set for mono instead of stereo?
  2. im not sure how to check if it is set for mono, but-

the soundcard comes with its own sound control program, a simple window showing the levels of all the channels. In that, it shows the audio going through both the left and the right channel (levels going up and down). If i pan everything to the right i hear nothing- if i pan everything to the left it will get louder.
    So the audio is there, it's just not coming out of the right output.
  3. Could be a dead connector/wire? Try flipping your left/right output wires, and see if the left speaker (now plugged into the RIGHT side output) picks up right side audio, and vica versa.
  4. FIXED- for what its worth, I completely uninstalled/deleted the driver (the windows 7 driver) and downloaded the next most recent driver which was for Vista but it works fine now.
    dont know if its the Win 7 Driver or if it just needed to be reinstalled but it works with the Vista one so whatever
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Windows 7 Audio Components