SPOILER ( TR3 ) More TR3 goofiness...

Has anyone ever gotten the Cheshire Raptor before?

While playing the BIG GUN sequence, in the CRASH SITE area of TR3, Lara
decided to see what would happen if she blew the walls across the
waterfall outflow, and then ran and jumped off the broken plane wing to
the far shore...WITHOUT fighting the velociraptors. Having done so she
turned to watch the two remaining guards ( still quartering the area )
deal with the raptors pouring from their lairs around the site...only
something was odd - one of the raptors was all but INVISIBLE! Only his
white-fanged smile and his shadow could be seen! Anyone else ever see this?

I took a screen snap of it, and if the shot shows enough detail to see
what I mean I'll post it on alt.binaries.lara.croft for your viewing edification.

I also found a way for Lara to completely avoid that horrible room with
the three switches and the seemingly endless repeat overhead monkey
swinging on the ladder around the ceiling over that deadly fall, that
allows her access to the outside top of the plane - but I'm really not
sure I can begin to describe it, it was so weird and unexpected. All I
can say is that it seems to involve a version of the old 'corner bug'...sort-of.

This whole section of TR3 has the most, and the most enjoyable bugs,
I've ever encountered in any of the games.

--
rolobeastie@earthlink.net
I aint got no-body...

> I also found a way for Lara to completely avoid that horrible room with
> the three switches and the seemingly endless repeat overhead monkey
> swinging on the ladder around the ceiling over that deadly fall, that
> allows her access to the outside top of the plane - but I'm really not
> sure I can begin to describe it, it was so weird and unexpected. All I
> can say is that it seems to involve a version of the old 'corner bug'

No corner bug needed, Lara can get to the plane's left side, next to
the painted on door near the middle. From here, she can do a jump grab,
then shimmy left to the nose area, and then pull up onto the nose.
Once there, she can jump up onto the top of the plane.

Jeff Reid wrote:
>> I also found a way for Lara to completely avoid that horrible room
>> with the three switches and the seemingly endless repeat overhead
>> monkey swinging on the ladder around the ceiling over that deadly
>> fall, that allows her access to the outside top of the plane - but
>> I'm really not sure I can begin to describe it, it was so weird and
>> unexpected. All I can say is that it seems to involve a version of
>> the old 'corner bug'
>
> No corner bug needed, Lara can get to the plane's left side, next to
> the painted on door near the middle. From here, she can do a jump
> grab, then shimmy left to the nose area, and then pull up onto the
> nose. Once there, she can jump up onto the top of the plane.

ha! That's how I got on it the first time :) From the ground, not from
the tree! Always gotta do it the hard way huh? Then I discovered the
big hole in the other side, by dropping down the topside hatch :( I
felt kinda dumb.
The whole level, Crash Site, I liken to TR2's Venice. In that I know I
didn't 'do' them the way they were supposed to be done :) BUT...I DID
em!
--
McGrandpa [AGQx]

Jeff Reid wrote:

> > I also found a way for Lara to completely avoid that horrible room with
> > the three switches and the seemingly endless repeat overhead monkey
> > swinging on the ladder around the ceiling over that deadly fall, that
> > allows her access to the outside top of the plane - but I'm really not
> > sure I can begin to describe it, it was so weird and unexpected. All I
> > can say is that it seems to involve a version of the old 'corner bug'
>
> No corner bug needed, Lara can get to the plane's left side, next to
> the painted on door near the middle. From here, she can do a jump grab,
> then shimmy left to the nose area, and then pull up onto the nose.
> Once there, she can jump up onto the top of the plane.

No, that's not the 'weird way' I found...but it's good to know there are
others nonetheless! I always considered that particular switches/monkey
swings/sloping pit room to be one of the most gratuitous in all the
areas in all of TR history. I mean: who would build such a thing!?!?!

Maybe that's a new subject for discussion , or 'newish' anyway; which
rooms/areas where the most absurdly unlikely in the various TR
offerings? This one would have my vote.

--
rolobeastie@earthlink.net
Nobody sees the Wizard! Not nobody...not no-how!

Gordian Slash wrote:

> Jeff Reid wrote:
> >
> > > I also found a way for Lara to completely avoid that horrible room with
> > > the three switches and the seemingly endless repeat overhead monkey
> > > swinging on the ladder around the ceiling over that deadly fall, that
> > > allows her access to the outside top of the plane - but I'm really not
> > > sure I can begin to describe it, it was so weird and unexpected. All I
> > > can say is that it seems to involve a version of the old 'corner bug'
> >
> > No corner bug needed, Lara can get to the plane's left side, next to
> > the painted on door near the middle. From here, she can do a jump grab,
> > then shimmy left to the nose area, and then pull up onto the nose.
> > Once there, she can jump up onto the top of the plane.
>
> No, that's not the 'weird way' I found...but it's good to know there are
> others nonetheless! I always considered that particular switches/monkey
> swings/sloping pit room to be one of the most gratuitous in all the
> areas in all of TR history. I mean: who would build such a thing!?!?!
>
> Maybe that's a new subject for discussion , or 'newish' anyway; which
> rooms/areas where the most absurdly unlikely in the various TR
> offerings? This one would have my vote.

The whole Floating Island level would get my vote. As far as game
play alone goes, it had its moments, but the point of that level
escapes me. It was almost like Lara got knocked out and was dreaming.

-- G

Gary Mitchell wrote:
> Gordian Slash wrote:

>>> No corner bug needed, Lara can get to the plane's left side, next to
>>> the painted on door near the middle. From here, she can do a jump
>>> grab, then shimmy left to the nose area, and then pull up onto the
>>> nose. Once there, she can jump up onto the top of the plane.
>>
>> No, that's not the 'weird way' I found...but it's good to know there
>> are others nonetheless! I always considered that particular
>> switches/monkey swings/sloping pit room to be one of the most
>> gratuitous in all the areas in all of TR history. I mean: who would
>> build such a thing!?!?!
>>
>> Maybe that's a new subject for discussion , or 'newish' anyway; which
>> rooms/areas where the most absurdly unlikely in the various TR
>> offerings? This one would have my vote.
>
> The whole Floating Island level would get my vote. As far as game
> play alone goes, it had its moments, but the point of that level
> escapes me. It was almost like Lara got knocked out and was dreaming.
>
> -- G
Something like that :)
--
McGrandpa [AGQx]