Sign in with
Your question

ASUS p67 sabertooth + Cosair Vengeance +Noctua NH-D14???

Last response: in Motherboards
February 14, 2011 7:06:35 PM

I have bought Cosair Vengeance memory 8gb and am going to buy all the other parts of my rig next month.
Definitely it will be a Sandy Bridge build(although they are recalled,it is with ease to find some sites still selling the motherboards and CPUs out there,4 6gb/s satas is sufficient to me).
My only concern is...does the large heatsink of Vengeance RAM fit with Noctua cooler(if you know it,you know it is hug)on ASUS sabertooth P67 (the ram sockets is very near to the CPU socket).I am quite impressed with the cooling performance of Noctua so I do not want to grab a cheaper and smaller cooler......................but I already bought Vengeance RAM.So I am confused if they do not fit..........
Related resources
February 15, 2011 1:24:45 AM

WTF I checked the RAM compability and found Vengeance is not compatible with Noctua.......................................reluctant to return the RAM because of the restocking fee............Anyone has recommen on CPU cooler compatible with Vengeance
m
l
a c 117 V Motherboard
February 15, 2011 2:10:20 AM

liao24hoho said:
WTF I checked the RAM compability and found Vengeance is not compatible with Noctua.......................................reluctant to return the RAM because of the restocking fee............Anyone has recommen on CPU cooler compatible with Vengeance

I knew about the compatabilty issue.
Buy a Prolimatech Armageddon((L)144mm X (W)50mmX (H)160.3mm ) or a Thermalright Archon(155mm x Width 53mm x Height 170mm
) if your case can accommodate it.
Either unit is compatible with tall ram kits.
The Archon is as good if not better then a D-14.
The Armageddon is 1-2C off a D-14 when oc'ed.
Both units use 140mm fans.
http://www.prolimatech.com/en/products/detail.asp?id=15...
http://www.thermalright.com/products/index.php?act=data...
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
February 15, 2011 1:34:21 PM

liao24hoho said:

Where do you see that?

According to their chart => LGA1155 Asus Sabertooth P67 OK ; green check. If the Vengeance won't work then MOST of the high performance RAM won't work either. I have seen listed builds with Sabertooth P67 + NH-D14 + tall RAM like Dominator.

Alternatively, get the Ripjaws X DDR3 if you have a concern.
m
l
a c 117 V Motherboard
February 15, 2011 8:03:35 PM

jaquith said:
Where do you see that?

According to their chart => LGA1155 Asus Sabertooth P67 OK ; green check. If the Vengeance won't work then MOST of the high performance RAM won't work either. I have seen listed builds with Sabertooth P67 + NH-D14 + tall RAM like Dominator.

Alternatively, get the Ripjaws X DDR3 if you have a concern.

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=compatibility_ram_ge...
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
February 15, 2011 8:53:53 PM

That's only if the DIMM slots are covered.

edit: And the truth be known, I run across this frigging 'Lawn Mower' all of the time, and frankly r-e-a-l-l-y dislike to because of it. So I never recommend it because it's poorly designed. Most others 'get it' an elongate their tubes accordingly. I would sacrifice day and night 1-2C for better RAM.

On the P67 I recommend either the Ripjaws X 1333 C8 or 1600 C8 RAM, anything faster is useless on the current Sandy Bridge CPU's IMC.
m
l
February 15, 2011 9:44:53 PM

I am going to buy Lian li A70f full tower,which is a big case,so I believe I have room for any cooler......how is cooler master hyper212 plus cpu cooler,it is cheap and many people on newegg said they have very ideal performance at this price(30$)
m
l
February 15, 2011 9:48:33 PM

Davcon,the armageddon seems to be incompatible with the socket 1155,how is your personal experience???
m
l
a c 117 V Motherboard
February 16, 2011 2:18:34 AM

liao24hoho said:
Davcon,the armageddon seems to be incompatible with the socket 1155,how is your personal experience???

As far as i understand 1155/1156 mobo mounting is identical.
Prolimatech is a little slower updating their website would be my guess.
m
l
February 17, 2011 12:26:13 PM

I am using the Cooler Master 212+ with 16Gb of Vengeance ram on a ASUS P8P67 Deluxe board. The ram heatsinks are actually taller than the bottom of the fan, but the fan just stops short of touching the nearest DIMM (< 1mm). Everything seems to be working find and temps are good. If you are only using two sticks then you would have plenty of room.
m
l
a c 117 V Motherboard
February 18, 2011 1:50:35 AM

VisionX302 said:
I am using the Cooler Master 212+ with 16Gb of Vengeance ram on a ASUS P8P67 Deluxe board. The ram heatsinks are actually taller than the bottom of the fan, but the fan just stops short of touching the nearest DIMM (< 1mm). Everything seems to be working find and temps are good. If you are only using two sticks then you would have plenty of room.

That's nice to know VisionX302 but the Armageddon has 29.7mm more clearance then a 212+ so it's not an issue.
m
l
February 25, 2011 1:31:57 AM

I am selling my Vengeance RAM on Ebay now,after that
I will get Ripjaw X 1600Mhz or higher cas......
the Noctua is definitely to be our my Sandy Bridge CPU!!!!
m
l
March 28, 2011 7:29:22 PM

If you move the external NH-D14 a little upwards, you could fit the Vengeance sticks
m
l
May 7, 2012 12:23:06 AM

I'm really sorry to ask stormrage2007, but, can you elaborate please?

I just made some upgrades on my PC, and got my hands in a NH-D14, seems awesome...

Problem is, I got Vengeance Memory installed... so any pointer can be appreciated....

Actually, I was gonna Try and see if I can use the 2 last memory banks, I can dual channel as I want from what I've seen in the UEFI...

My buid
Asus M5A99X EVO
Phenom II X4 965BE
Corsair Vengeance 1600 2X4
(yet to be installed) Noctua NH-D14 CPU cooler
Thermaltake Dokker Midtower
Delta Electronics 750 watt PSU

.::EDIT::. No need to explain, I think you were referring to the NP-F12

In case someone can recommend me any other cooler that would work for me, I'm open to suggestions (frio ock already on my watch), I would get a ripjaws, not available near me...
m
l
June 8, 2012 6:35:07 PM

Crap... I got the Vengeance Ram before I bough the Noctua... they definitely don't fit together.

I've been building computers for years but this is my first "enthusiast" build... I'm sure this happens a lot. It's definitely a learning experience. No wonder Newegg has made their return policy so strict.. noobs ordering parts that don't go together. ha. I'm such a high-end noob now..

I'm testing a bunch of different fans in my Corsair Obsidian 550 if anyone is interested in the results. Basically just stock fans vs. various noctuas.
m
l
!