Will this power supply support two GTX 480s in SLI?

10 answers Last reply
More about will power supply support 480s
  1. Probably need about 500w just for the cards. Whether that power supply is enough depends on the rest of your system.
  2. I'd try going with a 1000 watts just to be safe.
  3. Each of its rails are rated at 25A, which is not enough to support a GTX480.
  4. The Fermis need 42 amps.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817814019

This is a good powersupply that feeds 83 amps on a single 12v rail. No need to balance the separate rails.
    Modular as well. I went modular and never looked back. My corsair HX850 came with over 24 wires, most which I don't use.
  5. You wouldn't be able to OC at all, and you'd have to figure out which PCI-E cables the V4 and V3 are.
  6. Ok cool... I decided to go with the HX1000. Thanks for your help!
  7. Acutally ignore what I said above. The stats looks good but apparently reviews said the power supply was bad.

Stick with the corsair, you can't go wrong and modular is FTW. I have a HX850 and love it.
    Just remember the HX1000 has two 40amp rails. Feed the cards with a cable from one of each rail for 80AMPs of total power.
  8. I already ordered the HX1000. Will I have any problems running SLI with this power supply?
  9. teknic111 said:
    I already ordered the HX1000. Will I have any problems running SLI with this power supply?

It will run it perfectly fine. Have fun.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Power Supplies Support SLI Graphics Product