Actiontec m1424wr router

Hoodini

Distinguished
May 22, 2010
Hello, I have this router and using the wireless feature for two laptops I receive the speed of 25/5 when I hard wire but only 11 to 13 using wireless, verizon says they only guarantee delivering to the router not to wirelees connections, does anyone no how to get the speed to my laptops?

I'm in the UK so I have no knowledge of the routers Verizon supplies but from what I've read, it's pretty basic. If Verizon doesn't tie their system into their routers only, you might like to look at a more modern N Type router. However, you might gain a little from tweaking the settings so go into Internet Explorer and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar as though it were a website. Apparently, you should know the login and password from your original setup stages so once in the settings, go to Wireless and note the channel it transmits on then change the channel of your receiving adapters to match. Also, check the 802.11 Mode type and see if mixed B and G is ticked. I doubt N will be an option but if it is, try that one.[/#000ff]