Sign in with
Your question

AMD Phenom II x4 810 vs AMD Athlon II 630

Last response: in CPUs
July 29, 2010 4:40:46 PM

Hello,
Which one would be better for a work/business computer, where I would install an accounting system?
AMD Phenom II x4 810 2.6 GHZ 6GB RAM 1TB $600
or
AMD Athlon II 630 Quad Core 2.8 GHZ 4GB RAM 750 GB $560
Thank you!
a b à CPUs
July 29, 2010 4:52:06 PM

The extra $40 per computer gets you:
CPU - only slightly faster than athlon II quad core. They are basically the same thing except for on chip cache. Has an impact in games, less so for other tasks.
RAM - 2 gbs more. Current cost of 1 gig is around $20
HDD - difference of 250 gb, you likely wont fill half of either drive, so this category doesn't matter.

Either CPU will work fine, I can't say if there will be a strong impact of the cache on the phenom producing better performance because it really depends on the software. It would be at most 10% difference. At $40 difference, I would just get the phenom build, but if you are really tight on budget, skip the extra ram and HDD space and get the cheaper athlon build.
m
l
Related resources
July 30, 2010 2:29:53 PM

Thank you everyone! It was very useful. I ended up buying AMD Athlon II 630 since its similar and the videocard is better
m
l
a c 105 à CPUs
July 30, 2010 4:48:27 PM

Quote:
Actually, no. The mods seem to have operated on their own. Deleting both our statements. If I had reported you, I would have a spy badge, would I not? Which I don't have. I added in the :p  to try and make it clear that I was not attempting to insult you in any way, which you seemed to have taken it as. But now you simply seem to want to ruin this guy's thread by using it as an outlet for your personal and emotional problems, don't you? You don't quit do you? Or do you just not have a "real" life?
I come to toms forums to try to help people and better my own computer knowledge in the process. I do not come to be insulted like I was in the comment that was deleted. Please delete your last post and I will delete this one such that we do not ruin this guy's thread.

enzo enzo enzo, i don't need to insult you. you do a fabulous job of that yourself every time you post your opinion. as far as helping people, only one of us made a post to attempt to help the OP and that was me. you then instigated the whole issue with your post and then played the "victim" as you always do. go make trouble somewhere else kid, i don't play your silly games.
m
l
a c 131 à CPUs
a b À AMD
July 30, 2010 8:10:10 PM

^ This is ridiculous. I'm done.

SylviaMYK said:
Thank you everyone! It was very useful. I ended up buying AMD Athlon II 630 since its similar and the videocard is better

Congratulations on your choice. You'll especially not regret your purchase if you ever intend to game or use programs that are GPU accelerated.
m
l
!