San Francisco Aerial Photographs

This site has a bunch of aerial photographs of San Francisco:
http://s94051812.onlinehome.us/airshuttle/
4 answers Last reply
More about francisco aerial photographs

    "pa" <princeali@gmail.com> wrote:

    > This site has a bunch of aerial photographs of San Francisco:
    > http://s94051812.onlinehome.us/airshuttle/

    My prob with airplane photos is always the shake - I want to try a VR lens
    up there sometime. I did take a couple of good ones of lower Manhattan (with
    the WTC) on the approach to LaGuardia about five years ago.

    http://www.trupin.com/photos/nyc.jpg

    And one of Seattle:

    http://www.trupin.com/photos/seattle.jpg

    Here's a photo I took of another American city, population about 200,000.
    Can you guess which one it is? I had to double-check my atlas to make sure I
    was right.

    http://www.trupin.com/photos/whichcity.jpg

    "Cynicor" <j.t.r.u..p.i..n...@speakeasy.net> writes:

    > "pa" <princeali@gmail.com> wrote:
    > >
    > > This site has a bunch of aerial photographs of San Francisco:
    > > http://s94051812.onlinehome.us/airshuttle/
    >
    > My prob with airplane photos is always the shake - I want to try a VR lens
    > up there sometime. I did take a couple of good ones of lower Manhattan (with
    > the WTC) on the approach to LaGuardia about five years ago.
    >
    > http://www.trupin.com/photos/nyc.jpg
    >
    > And one of Seattle:
    >
    > http://www.trupin.com/photos/seattle.jpg
    >
    > Here's a photo I took of another American city, population about 200,000.
    > Can you guess which one it is? I had to double-check my atlas to make sure I
    > was right.
    >
    > http://www.trupin.com/photos/whichcity.jpg

    I suspect for airplane/helicopter flights, you probably want something like the
    following and not a normal IS lens: http://www.ken-lab.com/

    --
    Michael Meissner
    email: mrmnews@the-meissners.org

    "Michael Meissner" <mrmnews@the-meissners.org> wrote:
    > "Cynicor" <j.t.r.u..p.i..n...@speakeasy.net> writes:
    >> Here's a photo I took of another American city, population about 200,000.
    >> Can you guess which one it is? I had to double-check my atlas to make
    >> sure I
    >> was right.
    >>
    >> http://www.trupin.com/photos/whichcity.jpg
    >
    > I suspect for airplane/helicopter flights, you probably want something
    > like the
    > following and not a normal IS lens: http://www.ken-lab.com/

    Looks cool, but I'm just taking snapshots out the window of a 757. It might
    be a bit of overkill for when I take them.

    Cynicor wrote:

    > "Michael Meissner" <mrmnews@the-meissners.org> wrote:
    >
    >>"Cynicor" <j.t.r.u..p.i..n...@speakeasy.net> writes:
    >>
    >>>Here's a photo I took of another American city, population about 200,000.
    >>>Can you guess which one it is? I had to double-check my atlas to make
    >>>sure I
    >>>was right.
    >>>
    >>>http://www.trupin.com/photos/whichcity.jpg
    >>
    >>I suspect for airplane/helicopter flights, you probably want something
    >>like the
    >>following and not a normal IS lens: http://www.ken-lab.com/
    >

    > Looks cool, but I'm just taking snapshots out the window of a 757. It might
    > be a bit of overkill for when I take them.

    And you might not get them through Security. I've just put the KS-12 on
    my Christmas list.

    --
    John McWilliams

Photo Cameras