Lan connector may be faulty

Sunseeker

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
I have just completed a rebuild of my desktop using an MSI 890GXM-G65 Mobo, an AMD Phenom 2 X2 550 Processor, 8Mb Crucial memory CT51264BA1339, these are new components. My HDD is a Western Digital WD2500 Sata drive, and my graphics card is an ATI Radeon X850, and are from my old system.
At present the HDD has my XP operating system but I hope to change in the near future.
The system runs properly, but the lan does not connect. The lan green led is lit but the yellow is out. The hub and cable to the computer are the ones used by the previous system so I think yhey are ok. I suspect the LAN backplane socket as it seems a bit loose, does any one know of anywhere I should look internally to fix, before I send the Mobo to the retailer.

In the device manager are the network drivers installed, is there a Yellow ? mark next to the network driver? If they are not installed or you see the ? mark you need to download them from the MSI website or install them off the driver CD.

Sunseeker

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2011
All drivers relating to network are OK. I have tried connecting to a laptop and the internet is fine, therefore I am sure that the lan socket is faulty and I intend to return to retailer.
regards
Syd